Limerock 8-2008 National

Veefan

Limerock 8-2008 National

Post by Veefan »

I just posted some pictures of the National at Limerock in the Vee Photos area. The track surface looked great, I heard the track times were up but the Vee's ran in a large group of open wheeled cars... which resulted in a lot of passing , traffic, etc. within the classes. Honestly... from a spectators point of view, the track layout did not look very different. Hopefully some of the drivers will post and add a drivers perspective. The rain came on quick after the race, so I was not able to get all the race results, times, etc.
jjflip

Post by jjflip »

Thanks for posting all those great pictures, you do such a great job!!
IMO they did a fantastic job re-doing the track. The pavement was ultra smooth, and really fast, my brain couldnt wrap itself around going flat out in west bend but im pretty certain the top five were....next time im there ill do it :twisted: I sure wouldnt want to race with the new chicanes, too broken up, I am so happy they didnt change the original layout too much. I believe the left hander is tighter now, and Chris Z was saying there is talk of making no-name straight straight which im not sure if I would mind, I think it would make passing easier heading into the uphill. More than once i was passed going up the uphill by the FF's, they are so fast im not quite used to judging their closing speed, and wow thats something having to adjust your line going up there while your on the limit already... :shock:
Hopefully some of the other guys give their opinions too.

Jeff
grimes34

Re: Limerock 8-2008 National

Post by grimes34 »

Nice Job Jeff!,
I think the Track is great! But, I will not race at lime rock with the Fords again...Not that they did anything Wrong,,Or for that matter the 500s ,, We all played NICE! But I dont want to play with them! And I will not do it again!

One fart and you would be in the 59 club!
goin to pocono?
me
eugene Team2Stool deviant
CitationFV21

Post by CitationFV21 »

Jeff hit most of the big points - tough to find the turn in point for West Bend, on the other hand there is lots more runoff room if a problem, like a FF spinning in from to me!

Personally, I would not like to see No-Name straight changed. One of the best views in racing , is to stand at the botton of the uphill and see the cars coming up No-Name.

The SCCA workers did a good job, only got a few blue flags that were not deserved. Also, I got more thank you waves from the FF drivers in this one race than I got the last 10 - but then again I was always giving a wave by, even on the straight.

Only the short rain spoiled my race, backed off more than I needed, except the FF were having a lot of problems - too bad it didn't really rain or we would have turned the tables on them.

BTW FF new record 52+ seconds and F500 53+ seconds. We did not break record - think we might be running tires that are a little too sticky....

Lime Rock is a great track that many will not experience unless some way is made to reduce entry fees...

ChrisZ
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

Why won't anyone tell us who won ..... or atleast who finished 2nd on back?
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
CitationFV21

Post by CitationFV21 »

Ooops! Sorry.

Pos Name Fastest Lap
1 Roger 59.413
2 Jim K 59.817
3 Dan Sr 59.599
4 Dave 59.933
5 Eugene 59.327
6 Jeff 60.167
7 George 59.693
8 Russ 60.914
9 Dean 61.061
10 Chris 60.294
11 Allen 60.681
12 Dan Jr 60.34
13 Tim 60.869

I posted full results at my web site: http://pages.cthome.net/czracing/IndexpagetoFVNews.htm

The direct link is http://pages.cthome.net/czracing/080208 ... ck0001.pdf

A race report will follow.

But I will clean that up later - also apologies if other stuff is a little out of date - been busy and need to catch up a few years <grin>

ChrisZ
G_J_Podgorski

Post by G_J_Podgorski »

I just wanted to add my two cents to the previous comments. The repaved track was great to run. It’s still the Lime Rock you love (or hate) and still a fast track. A quick Vee lap is about 92 mph (mid 59’s). The top FF’s ran fast laps at over 104 mph (mid 52’s) and finished the entire race at over a 100 mph average. As Eugene stated, everybody played well together (as far as I know) with good give and take amongst all. However, with 31 cars ( 13 FV, 7 F500 and 11 FF) on a 1.53 mile track, it made for a busy race.

I do have to pass along a big thank you to Tim Remmers for loaning me a front beam after my faux paus in the first qualifying session. The loaner beam kept me going for the second qualifying on Friday and the race on Saturday. My daughter (16), who was attending a race for the first time in a long time, commented (and a little surprised) on how all the Vee drivers were more than willing to offer support, parts and time to help get a competitors car back on track. It kind of reminds me why so many of us initially chose and, more importantly, stayed with this class.

George
jjflip

Post by jjflip »

Thanks Eugene... for the set up help, and everything else. Yes im going to Pocono and the the fun one at the Glen.

Cheers,

Jeff