RACEceiver Driver Information Systems

Veefan

RACEceiver Driver Information Systems

Post by Veefan »

I know a few of the drivers in the National and Regional races run 2-way radios with crew, is anyone using one of these?

"RACEceiver Driver Information Systems
More and more tracks and sanctioning bodies are turning to the RACEceiver one-way radio as an effective way to get critical information to drivers."
FV80
Site Admin

Re: RACEceiver Driver Information Systems

Post by FV80 »

Seems to be a TRACK T&S system to compete with AMB ... they are, however, about 4 years too late to get in the game. AMB is pretty much locked in already - at all SCCA events anyway.
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
Veefan

Post by Veefan »

From what I've read, it not a timing and scoring product. It a one way (listen only) race receiver which can be tuned to the tracks/sanctioning bodies frequency. It sounds useful for drivers who do not have spotters, crew...etc. Clearly not a substitute for the flagers (who keep us safe), but it sounds like a useful tool so drivers would know exactly why that yellow and red striped flag is being frantically waved into the next corner.

[ external image ]

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/produc ... RecId=5768
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Veefan wrote:From what I've read, it not a timing and scoring product....
If you ignore what Pegasus has to say and go to the company website http://www.raceceiver.com/news/index.php?n=d&id=6, you will see that it *IS* a T&S system and only works (for YOU) if that system is installed and functional at the event you happen to be racing in... for SCCA events, that's not likely. Sorry, but that's the way it is :|
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
jb_11

Post by jb_11 »

Some roundy-round tracks use a one-way radio to drivers to provide safety info / gridding info for restarts / etc. They do not allow spotters then.
Veefan

Post by Veefan »

Thanks jb_11

and FV80 YES... that company does offer a Timing and scoring product (RACEceiver's Race Management System) BUT that is not what is in the picture or what I was inquiring about. The RACEceiver Driver Information System is a radio frequency receiver not a TRANSPONDER system for scoring.