A big thanks to Dietmar

Bill in Mn

A big thanks to Dietmar

Post by Bill in Mn »

I've recently completed a frame up on a vintage vee and wanted to give a public thanks to Dietmar for all of his help, advice and guidance. I've got several track car builds under my belt but am a neophyte to the air cooled/FV world and without his help my project would still be in several boxes.

A big thanks to Dietmar as well as several others in the FV community that had a hand in getting this '67 Viking track worthy once again.

The obligatory photos of the finished product

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
FV80
Site Admin

Re: A big thanks to Dietmar

Post by FV80 »

Bill,
A very nice restoration - congrats. It looks fantastic .. probably BETTER than new 8)

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
BLS

Post by BLS »

Bill,

It is a beautiful car. And I'm sure Dietmar was a BIG help, as he always is.

Looking at those pics, I'm just glad I'm further south of you...

Barry
Barry
Old Zink FV,
'87 Citation
Dietmar
Site Admin

Post by Dietmar »

Bill:

Glad I was able to help get another car on the track.

Good luck with your "new toy"

Dietmar
Quixote Racing
Bill in Mn

Post by Bill in Mn »

Thanks for the compliments. It had been sitting around 15 years when I got it, it was darned near 50lb over weight and while in one piece it needed to come apart. It was a great starting point and whomever built the thing in '67 had done a good job, making the resto a relatively easy job.

The original body was off a McNamera and it was in tough shape so I got a block of foam and built a new body this past winter. The rear deck is still McNamera but it is old/warped and will be getting replaced with a new design. Ever a glutton for punishment, I've a frame jig about done and a new chassis will be built by late summer if all goes well. Hopes are to have a new version on the track next year so I'd better start hunting for parts :lol: