Announcing the Vee Autumn Challenge Cup Series

gdavis

Announcing the Vee Autumn Challenge Cup Series

Post by gdavis »

This fall there will be a new option for Formula Vee competitors – The “Vee Autumn Challenge Cup” series. This group of races is a grass-roots effort to try to encourage increased participation in the PA/NY and Ohio area, but competitors from any region of the country – and Canada, are welcome to race.
The focus of the series is to increase fields (and try to get our own groups at Challenge Cup events if possible), to keep costs down and to promote the fun factor both on and off the track.
We will be racing just for championship trophies and bragging rights, so in the interest of cutting costs and getting more Vee’s out of the garage and on to the track, a no “stickers” tire policy is stipulated if you want to receive series points. So bring your end-of-season tires and save your money for your 2014 tire budget .
One request for entrants - it is vitally important that anyone interested in competing to please notify one of the series organizers which races they would like to attend as promptly as possible. The reason for this is that we need to get with the various race organizers several months ahead of time so that if possible, they can work our separate group into their schedules. Also we need to plan for our Vee “corral” areas, and other logistics. I can’t emphasize how important this is, so please don’t wait until the last minute – we could end up with enough entrants at these events , but because of a lack of lead time could still end up running with other formula classes.
Please view the attached flyer for schedule information and then contact Chris, Greg or Ray to get more information and to sign up . Let’s work together to promote participation in our class, ramp up the fun factor and go RACING!

http://vintagesportautoart.com/Vee-Autu ... ge-Cup.pdf
Last edited by gdavis on May 10th, 2013, 11:33 am, edited 5 times in total.
FV80
Site Admin

Re: Announcing the Vee Autumn Challenge Cup Series

Post by FV80 »

Just FYI - the Interchange does not allow for attachments of ANY kind. You have to upload the file elsewhere and then you can provide a LINK to that location that will DISPLAY in a post here.

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
gdavis

Post by gdavis »

Steve,
In my defense, because there is a "Manage Attachments" window below the message box, I miskatenly assumed it was possible to attach the pdf file. I spent a lot of time, contacted various Interchange team members for advice to get it to work before finally giving up. I'll try to get the pdf linked to the site the way you suggested and thanks for the input.
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Greg,
I think it's optional in the board setup (for admin) - but the owner has decided that he doesn't have enough server space to HOLD a bunch of attachments - therefore the setting is .. what it is :-).
Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
gdavis

Post by gdavis »

Steve,
Thanks for letting me know how it works. I hope to get the flyer link done today.