Shipping information

Matt

Shipping information

Post by Matt »

Some of you may know of various ways to ship heavy things by trucking companies.

I have just run across the website "www.freightcenter.com". It is the expedia of shipping companies. It saved me $80 on shipping an engine.

Matt
Dietmar
Site Admin

Re: Shipping information

Post by Dietmar »

Ironic that this is posted today- I just gave up my account with Freight Center after 10 years.
They would give me a quote and then after the shipment, there would be an additional charge of $25 for phone calls, extra services, and the last reason was because the terminal that I was shipping to charged for the person who was picking up the item to go on their lot. Each time I fought the extra charge, and many times I won, but there were times that I did not. On my last shipment, I finally contacted the carrier directly and they said they never assess these bogus extra charges.

Yes, their rates are good, but if you want better, try ExFreight.com or 877 208 5645 to get a quote and then compare.
Just a heads up.

Dietmar
http://www.quixoteracing.com
SR Racing

Re: Shipping information

Post by SR Racing »

If you are shipping to an Engine builder or business. Check with them first. They may have a special account. We have an account with FedEx Freight and all our inbound and outbound shipments are 55% off the standard tariff rate. You just drop it off at the carrier and use the builders account number. These aftermarket companies do the same thing, but just add back a commision etc for themselves. Their rates are usually better than you will get if you ship it yourself though a carrier, but not as good as the above.