OIL COOLERS

VORT94

OIL COOLERS

Post by VORT94 »

I thought there was a previous discussion on oil coolers, but I can't find it. Interested in non-VW coolers. The best ones you have found by actual expericence - not just advertisements. Thanks in advance
SR Racing

Re: OIL COOLERS

Post by SR Racing »

We sell most of the brand name coolers and I am not really aware of any significant difference between them You usually get what you pay for. One big issue with coolers is that they are usually aluminum. Tension cracks often appear near the fittings and where the internal lines connect at that fitting. Proper strain relief and good anti-vibration mounts will help.
rphillips

Post by rphillips »

I have found that Setrab oil coolers seem to work better than Earls but they are more expensive.

Ray
brian

Post by brian »

x2 for what Ray says.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
D Rader

Post by D Rader »

I'Ve Found both Setrab, and Mocal work very well. Dale
racing stuff

Post by racing stuff »

We started selling Mocal (and Setrab) (UK) made oil coolers, because the english race cars they came on and those that I first started racing, seemed to beat up most everything and those brands seemed to last a decent length of time. As noted, proper support of the inlet/outlets are important, as should care be taken when fastening your hose ends to the cooler.
Keith
Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
248-585-9139
http://www.racing-stuff.com
Ed Womer

Post by Ed Womer »

I like Setrab since they have a system where the adapter is a thread in fitting so you must order the type of adapter for your application but that way the cooler is usable for a lot of applications if you choose to change something. Like everyone mentions you must properly locate it firmly so it doesn't get stressed or it will brake.

Ed
VORT94

Post by VORT94 »

Thanks for all the information guys. Happy Thanksgiving