Annual Waiver Hard Card?

SR Racing

Annual Waiver Hard Card?

Post by SR Racing »

Just received my renewal request for my SCCA membership.
Along with the normal $75 requirement for renewal, It contained a form to fill out that apparently gives you an annual waiver ("for some tracks"). So you don't have to sign the waiver at the track. It costs another $10. (for crew only license)

Am I reading this correct? So the $10 is for what? Releives me of signing the form "at some tracks" ?
FV80
Site Admin

Re: Annual Waiver Hard Card?

Post by FV80 »

Jim,
Yep - you are correct. HOWEVER, *ALMOST ALL* tracks STILL demand that you sign their separate waiver. It IS a nice piece of plastic hard card (you can HURT yourself with it if not careful). Last year the HC was "free" for drivers ... who already pay something over $200 with family membership, but in reality it has VERY LITTLE utility. SCCA regions are "required" to accept the HC without signature but again, it takes more time to argue than it does to just sign the **&@$# thing. :roll:

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

SR Racing wrote:Am I reading this correct? So the $10 is for what? Releives me of signing the form "at some tracks" ?
The $10 is for the card. Printing your annual waiver note on it is free. :roll:

The card itself is probably best suited for race officials and other volunteer event staff, since it hangs on a lanyard nicely and gives the appearance of professionalism that the regular "cracker jack box" SCCA membership cards lack. Personally, I think that it should be the regular membership card, and scrap the two-piece one.....
brian

Post by brian »

I chose not to have one for the very reasons Steve mentioned. Many tracks require signatures in addition to the club. Maybe a bright lawyer could explain why we go through the exercise since it doesn't seem to reduce litigation, or at least the fear of it.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
butchdeer

Post by butchdeer »

I had one. Comparing registration to someone without one standing next to me I saved a total of seven seconds. This card could save you 35 or 40 seconds at registration in a year. That is unless you waste that time while a registrar tells you why you still need to sign a waiver. The card had a bar code on it but I never saw a registrar with a bar code reader son you could just go right through if you had pre registerd. The bar code show that the SCCA may be quickly moving up to the late 20th century while still kicking and screaming about losing the way it was when I joined in the early 1960's
Butch
FV since1963
fvracer27

Post by fvracer27 »

They should give everyone a card so no one has to sign anything accepted the tracks form if they have one and there would be no confussion. They are just making things harder for them. And the 2 pieces of paper cards we have now are stupid. You get a $4 pic taken every year and laminated them to make a nice card and by the time you do that the year is up in hence the reason why not many people udate there pic. For people that do a online registration you should have the option to upload a current photo form you web cam (just about everyone has a computer now and they all come with a cam) and a updated hard card should come in the mail.

Mark
Mark Filip
NER #27
Womer EV-3
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

fvracer27 wrote:And the 2 pieces of paper cards we have now are stupid. You get a $4 pic taken every year and laminated them to make a nice card and by the time you do that the year is up in hence the reason why not many people udate there pic.
About 12 years ago, I was at an event and the registration person asked why I didn't have a picture on my card. I told her that it was pointless, since everyone looked the same in their helmets anyway. She told me that she would let me go that time, but I had better have a picture on my card for the next event. I've used the same picture ever since...of me wearing a full-face helmet..... :lol:
fvracer27

Post by fvracer27 »

I'm going to draw a picture in everytime now.

Mark
Mark Filip
NER #27
Womer EV-3
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

In that vein... I always thought it was rather pointless to require a picture of the car in the log book. About the only thing a registrar could do re: identifcation is the color, and that can change anytime. However, if you don't have a picture they often make a big deal of it.
Drive an Atlantic and put a picture of a 49 Ford Woody in it that they wouldn't know the difference. Nor should anyone care.
fvracer27

Post by fvracer27 »

If I put a picture of a Mclaren MP4-4 in my log book will I go faster?

Mark
Mark Filip
NER #27
Womer EV-3
Rolling Stone

Post by Rolling Stone »

In Ontario we just have our LOG-BOOK..and thats it!! 8)
smsazzy

Post by smsazzy »

fvracer27 wrote:If I put a picture of a Mclaren MP4-4 in my log book will I go faster?

Mark
No. But a Red Bull picture might.
Stephen Saslow
FV 09 NWR
fvracer27

Post by fvracer27 »

No. But a Red Bull picture might
:P
Come on the MP4-4 was one of the greatest F1 cars ever made. Great looking, massive HP, last of the turbo cars, you still had to shift it like a man (or strong women) :mrgreen:, no assist aids and it sounded cool as hell!

Mark
Mark Filip
NER #27
Womer EV-3