Shock info

JBlock

Shock info

Post by JBlock »

Greetings,

I am a new member here and learned about the FV org from several of the regulars here. To get more acquainted with you all, I thought I would sare some of my other activities. Lately, I've been writing over in Short Track USA (online magazine for oval racers), but my latest article on shocks applies to all racecars. This month we cover shock dyno graphs and introduce low frequency input. To see the story go to http://theracersresource.com/short_trac ... .html#/10/

Hope to get to know more of you so we can share ideas and experiences.

John
Mad Dog Racing

Re: Shock info

Post by Mad Dog Racing »

Thanks, John

When I started racing, state of the art was two very worn-out bug shocks on the front and one (or two) 70/30 coilover Carreras on the rear. Now, the the cars at the pointy end of the grid seem to benefit from a $3k to $5k shock package. I'm sure that like many other things, knowing more about the subject would help achieve the 80-20 rule, 80% of the beneft for 20% of the cost.
sabre1

Re: Shock info

Post by sabre1 »

For those that don't know, John also offer data acquisition seminars - see his ad amongst the other advertisers on the banner above (Race Engineering). 5 one hour sessions/webinars that cover more than you can imagine. If you are interested and want to learn before you take the plunge, this is a great introduction, or if you have a system and want to learn more about analyzing the data. John does sessions on the Aim system, Pi and Data Commander (different days). You will learn more from John than you can reading all the literature that is available for your system. Two sessions back there was a participant from Russia! You get handouts before each webinar that are great reference material to refer back to, and John has been recording each class so you can listen to it again if need be.

And since we are discussing shocks, if you have linear transducers on your shocks, John can show you how to tell if your shocks are working properly without taking them off the car!

-Jim