well attended races in California..

tiagosantos

well attended races in California..

Post by tiagosantos »

So I'm thinking of possibly doing a race down in CA sometime this season.. I really wanna have a go around Laguna Seca or Infineon. Are there any sure bets on well attended races? I'm not sure how licensing works, does the SCCA accept CACC licenses on their races? Any other groups that would make that easier (VARA doesn't race at either of those, do they..)? I don't think I'd want to run a national race, seems like a bit more bull than I'd want to deal with :)

I'm also thinking it would probably be a better idea to rent a decent car than towing all the way down. Plus if I do an arrive and drive, I can pretend to my wife that it's just a small detour on our planned road trip down the coast, rather than having an obvious reminder in the trailer that I'm only going to California to do a race :D Does anyone rent vees around that area?
VDF1

Re: well attended races in California..

Post by VDF1 »

Post this question on this site: http://norcalfv.proboards.com/index.cgi?

There are several guys that rent FVs in California.
Life atrophies if it gets too far from risk
qposner

Post by qposner »

Go to the site Leroy pointed you to. Also, keep in mind that if you run a regional instead of a national, you will deal with a large field of club fords. They will cause you serious headaches and, when they inevitably go off the track at Laguna, you will spend the rest of the race behind a pace car. Laguna is surrounded with run off gravel for MotoGP and from what I hear, its not unusual to run 10-15 min behind a pace car.
tiagosantos

Post by tiagosantos »

Hehe..

Thanks guys, I'll post on the norCal forum. Don't think I have much of a choice as far as running regionals vs nationals, doesn't look like CACC licenses are good for Nationals.. Food for thought though!
Mystique Racing

Post by Mystique Racing »

Laguna is a wonderful track and it is not as bad as Quinn has described it. We run our regional races on a spec tire out here so typically there isn't that much trouble with the CF group, particularity if you are new to the track I don't think you will have a problem.
Scott

Diamond Formula Cars

http://www.diamondformulacars.com
brian

Post by brian »

Maybe not as bad as Quinn mentioned but it is true that the pace car gets more track time than most. It doesn't take much to get stuck in the gravel and emergency does not move until the pace car is out.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.