YELLOW freight/Lost 2 Engines

Terry Abbott

YELLOW freight/Lost 2 Engines

Post by Terry Abbott »

Fellow Racers i NEED help!

Does anybody work for Yellow Freight or know of anybody that does with any pull?
here is what is going on ...,,,Aug. 25 pallet was picked up in Edison N.J with My 2 Fresh FV engines rebuilt being shipped back to Mi. for the Runoff's.

here is how the route was suppose to go. home terminal Elizabeth N.J to Akron ohio and then the Talyor Mi.

i have the Pro number but Driver didnt put labels on the pallet (engine boxes) when he picked them up from the shipper. yellow has paperwork but NO Pallet and CAN'T FIND IT. :evil:

My shipper went to the terminal this AM to look to see if he could find the shipment its not in the terminal. They think it might have gone to Akron but Akron says they didnt see it nor did taylor. They supposely put a APB out on the freight but its not looking to good. I'm ready to take a road trip to that terminal to look myself.

IF anybody can help.....please

If they cant find these 2 Engines I'm pretty much screwd

Terry
248-514-7255

___

Terry Abbott

2-Vector FV's
1-SM Miata
Last edited by Terry Abbott on September 4th, 2010, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terry Abbott
2- Vector FV's
brian

Re: anybody work for Yellow Freight

Post by brian »

This may not help but if they were insured, a good idea in today's unregulated trucking, you can force Yellow, to replace.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
hardingfv32-1

Post by hardingfv32-1 »

How can you be sure that the insurance company is any good?

Brian
Terry Abbott

Post by Terry Abbott »

I will get into the insurance end of it at a later time.....there's lots there as well! you will never get what there worth in short......

This totally sucks let me tell ya!!
Terry Abbott
2- Vector FV's
Veefan

Post by Veefan »

You're working from the "bottom up" to find your shippment... Start at the top... it's a little easier to make things happen...
Below is all the key people at the parent corp.

YRC Worldwide Inc.
10990 Roe Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66211

1-913-696-6100
1-800-846-4300

Michael J. Naatz President-Customer Care Division and Chief Customer Officer

William D. Zollars Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer
John E. Carr President, YRC Logistics
Daniel J. Churay Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
J. Mike Kelley Chief Sustainability Officer and Vice President, External Affairs
James G. Kissinger Executive Vice President, Human Resources

Gregory A. Reid Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer
Michael J. Smid President, YRC Inc., Chief Operations Officer
Sheila K. Taylor Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Terry,
I have NO INPUT for you with regards to Yellow Freight .. HOWEVER, several years ago, my office shipped a VERY VALUABLE piece of equipment that Fed Ex subsequently "LOST". I worked for the Gov't at the time (I guess I ALWAYS WILL if taxes continue as they have) and I was incensed at the lack of candor from ANY official contact person. They had NOTHING for me... Replacing the equipment was simply not an option (as with yourself). I finally decided to track the supposed PATH of the shipment (not so easy to find in itself.. but I was finally able to get THAT info). Then, I contacted EACH shipping intermediate location (tought to get phone numbers sometimes, but I persevered) and asked for a 'dock person'. I finally got someone to go out and LOOK IN THE DOCKING AREA for a shipment that LOOKED like it could be ours. After about 3 days, I actually FOUND IT! The shipping label had become 'detached' and it was just an errant piece of non-descript 'JUNK' sitting on a dock somewhere. Once I located it and identified it, I contacted my "local shipper people" and they got it to me the next day. (That piece of equipment was UNIQUE and worth WELL OVER $100,000 !!) :-).

DON'T GIVE UP!! and don't take "I don't know and can't help you" for an answer!

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
Edward Schubert

Post by Edward Schubert »

I used to own a trucking company and your best bet is to suddenly become a very good customer of Yellows. The way to do this is to find someone that works for a company that spends a lot of money with Yellow and get them to contact their sales rep. at Yellow. Bottom line is money talks and this will get someones attention.
Ed Schubert
Zink/Citation 18B
edschubert@live.com
757-692-1181
Terry Abbott

Post by Terry Abbott »

Thanks for the phone numbers i will be busy today!

Steve believe me I'm NOT giving up, they will get sick of hearing from me and other people that are calling , if they cant find these 2 engines my 2 sons will be done racing for a while as this will be a huge pitfall.

Ed, i have a friend that does about 200k a year with YEllow that IS making that phone call today!

Anybody Else that owns a business or has Influence on what trucking Co. they use, that could LEAN on them :?:
Terry Abbott
2- Vector FV's
Terry Abbott

Post by Terry Abbott »

First i just want to Thank everybody that has helped me so far but we need to keep the pressure on them. I have had company's that do business with yellow call and lets say LEAN on them or else. ( thank you to those that have ) and i need more like that. I have had friends, racers etc. call daily about the "Missing Freight" I (we ) cant give up

here is what i know so far..... There STILL LOST !

As of today its still in the system Red flagged with 6 people working on it? There has been many things on this that has fallen through the cracks that's for sure. the trailer that delivered the freight to the home terminal is still there so they say. and was checked today for left behind shipments nothing in it.My shipper went to the home terminal Tuesday and walked through it as well as the OS&D area. My Son went to the Mi. terminal and walked through, nothing. I was told that 2 people walked the Akron terminal (transfer) yesterday, nothing. They cant even answer some of my questions i have and I'm not in the buisness, that is very frustrating.

We have had conversations with a few upper management as well..

every day is a new day with new questions and more phone calls.
Terry Abbott
2- Vector FV's
caracal76

Post by caracal76 »

These would be the same Yellow bastards that dropped a bomb-which may or may not have actually exploded-or something equally heavy on my shipping crate/engine a week before the SIC last year, destroying the crate, bending the manifold (!), and damaging my valve covers.

Give 'em hell!
Anthony (actually the Caracal 17-red)

"When you're racing it's...it's life. Anything that happens before or after - it's just waiting."
-Steve McQueen, "LeMans"

"Screw second!"
-Burt Reynolds, "Stroker Ace"
Terry Abbott

Post by Terry Abbott »

Gang,

is there anybody from Carlisle PA that could go to the terminal there>
It's been reported that the trailer that hasnt Moved from NJ has indeed gone there and back since the time. and its also reported that they have large number of unidentified shipments currently sitting on there dock!

I can make the road trip in needed,

call if you can help and i will send you the info needed to get in .

Thanks
248-514-7255 anytime

___

Terry Abbott

2-Vector FV's
1-SM Miata
Terry Abbott
2- Vector FV's
Terry Abbott

Post by Terry Abbott »

ok guys,

i have gotten 2 guys willing to go over to the terminal in Carlisle to walk through,thanks Steve for taking the time and thank you Jim for the back up. You guys rock!!

updates as i get new info
Terry Abbott
2- Vector FV's
Terry Abbott

Post by Terry Abbott »

update,

I would like to Thank Steve for going to the Carlisle PA. terminal to walk through it,but we still came up empty handed! Steve did say that when he got there that there were people already looking for it. he said it was a HOT topic. I have had conversations with the VP of that Region yesterday and he seems to be doing a good job thus far. starting from day 1 and checking with every terminal that trailers left that night and the next day, the best so far as for getting anything done.

This also got elevated to the top yesterday by my Co. President which called and wrote an email to the Presidents (yes there are a few) to YRC stating that if this freight isn't found that we will discontinue the use of YRC along with our 28 Distributors throughout the country. I would like to thank the other companies that have stepped up and called them as well. ( we can use more, funny how that gets there attention )

I will just continue to get ready for the Runoff's hoping for the phone call as we go into the Holiday weekend.

well back to work on the new awning to keep my sanity ........
Terry Abbott
2- Vector FV's
tiagosantos

Re: YELLOW freight/Lost 2 Engines

Post by tiagosantos »

I'm anxiously following this thread.. I can't even imagine how pissed I'd be if something like this happened. I've got my fingers crossed for you!
DanRemmers

Post by DanRemmers »

Any news? Time is running out.
Terry Abbott

Post by Terry Abbott »

well as of today, they still havent found them! i do find it interesting that they filed a police report today. They wont talk about why they would do that on there own Company. :?:

I was told from some insiders that when you hit the 2 week window most of the time there not found :cry: Tomorrow is the 2 week window
Terry Abbott
2- Vector FV's
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

Terry Abbott wrote:i do find it interesting that they filed a police report today. They wont talk about why they would do that on there own Company. :?:
As soon as I saw that your shipment made it's first stop in Elizabeth, I figured that it walked out the back door and was sold for scrap at $0.45/pound over in Jersey City. :cry: My late grandfather was a railroad police detective based about a mile away from Yellow's terminal, and I grew up hearing stories every day of the crooks jumping on moving trains to steal copper wire for scrap. With the economy being the way it is, I'm sure that things haven't changed much in that area.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your engines are found and delivered on time, because this is one time that I wouldn't mind being wrong about something.....
Terry Abbott

Post by Terry Abbott »

Well i would like to report that YRC has found our 2 engines!! they are in Puerto Rico They are being flown back and will arrive ( I hope ) at Road America. what a relief!

just want to say THANKS to everybody again that has helped :mrgreen:

To those that are going to the Runoff's see you there........
Terry Abbott
2- Vector FV's
Rickydel

Post by Rickydel »

Does Puerto Rico have a Runoffs for FV?

I suspect if they hadn't been found, they would have made their way into a couple of dune buggies.

Have fun and try to lower the stress level.