Jersey Devil National

Ed Womer

Jersey Devil National

Post by Ed Womer »

We were the last race group and with the hot nasty weather afternoon thunder storms were predicted. As we went to the grid with everyone on slicks a slight shower fell from a cloud that passed over and made the track slightly damp but not wet. A 500 spun exiting turn one and another hit it and Shields couldn't avoid it and hit them also. Roger got past me before the full course yellow came out. After the restart coming into a high speed sweeper a 500 slowed drastically and Roger hit him and as I avoided the possible mess Weisheit passed me and Scaler also before the next turn. I took me two laps to get around them and Roger had around a 5 second lead and I was able to run him down to get the lead. Roger passed me into the first turn on the last lap and I repassed him at the high speed swepper and a Ford and 500 got around him and I was able to get a clear run to the finish. I also was able to lower my track record from the previous year.

1 Womer
2 Siebenaler
3 Weisheit
4 Scaler
5 Qualls
6 Rader
7 Curtis
8 Grimes
9 Roche
10 DNF Shields

Apparently Weisheit and Scaler passed a 500 under the full course yellow and there was a possible protest so these results might change.

Ed
hardingfv32-1

Re: Jersey Devil National

Post by hardingfv32-1 »

Has the weather been normal on the East Coast this summer?

Brian
Ed Womer

Post by Ed Womer »

Brian, define normal. We have had some spells of sumer like weather which is hot and humid already that we wouldn't normally have until July August time frame. Now it is cool or normal temps and low humidity. it seems to be swing back and forth and stays in one mode for maybe a week and then changes.

Ed
hardingfv32-1

Post by hardingfv32-1 »

Trying to get a feel for your East Coast early summer weather patterns. I want to plan a race vacation for next year and need to get my mind around possible National race weekends and the summer weather implications.

Brian
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Bring an umbrella, warm clothes and SHORTS and TSHIRTS ... and sun tan oil and sun block ... and RAIN TIRES (but you probably won't need them .. maybe <g>).
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
Terry Abbott

Post by Terry Abbott »

but if it's this time of year or ealier, dont forget your hoodie,and pants last 2 nights in the hi 40's :mrgreen:
Terry Abbott
2- Vector FV's
Ed Womer

Post by Ed Womer »

Brian,

Stevan is pretty right since June, July can be nice but warm with highs in the 80's but our summer weather with warming in the afternoon can bring thunderstorms. Depending on the weater pattern that develops we could have rain once a week or extended dry spells for weeks. By July it will start getting into the 90's and lows of 70's and if it is humid it can be uncomfortable if you are not used to the three H's haszy, hot and humid.

One of my friends who kind of knows what is going on in the club said there might be more double nationas in the NE next year so you might get more races in if that is the case.

Ed
pillowmeto

Post by pillowmeto »

Our springs tend to be one week of winter followed by one week of summer, and the cycle repeats. In June I still bring a jacket, but the chances of using it are slim. Last year at the Summit Point National in May it was in the mid 40s with a strong wind.
Ed Womer

Post by Ed Womer »

For anyone coming to the NE in early summer it would be advisable to have some clothes for cool weather since it is possible to at least have cool nights if not even days, kinda like going to Florida for the winter nationals and expecting it to be hot and that isn't always the case.

I just noticed that the results for the race are posted and there wasn't a protest by the 500's or if they did it didn't affect the finish so the results stand as I posted them.

Ed