Seat Padding

jpetillo

Seat Padding

Post by jpetillo »

I'm looking for seat padding. Pegasus has this great sounding stuff that's 1", but is very expensive. They also have some 1/2 stuff that's much more reasonable in price, but I'm not sure what it is - haven't called yet. My car currently has 1/2" stuff that squishes as I settle in, but does not rebound - I sort of mold into it. I am looking for something like this, and 1" would be better than 1/2" for me.

Any suggestions? What are you folks using? Thanks, John
FV80
Site Admin

Re: Seat Padding

Post by FV80 »

Walmart has some blue stuff called CAMPING FOAM. It's in the outdoors/camping/hunting/fishing section. Meant for putting under a sleeping bag. It's NOT "fireproof", but it is a nice cushion and it's CHEAP. It's not OVERLY flammable (it's not made of gasoline or anything...) and it works pretty well. About 1" or so - not quite as resilient as the Pegasus stuff, but certainly usable.

Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
Veefan

Post by Veefan »

I use the Pegasus 1/2 padding in my car. It's very similar to the padding you'd find in a football helmet. It compresses under hard pressure and totally rebounds back to shape. The adhesive backing is very strong and sticks great to anything. The fire bottle in my Womer is mounted right above my shin, I covered the bottom with it. If you need a 1” you can just double it up.
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

jpetillo

Post by jpetillo »

Thanks, I'll check out those leads! John