Spring bending-ride height adjustment

Matt King

Spring bending-ride height adjustment

Post by Matt King »

I've got to bend the spring on my Citation XTC because it was never done when the car was originally built and it sits like a 4x4 in the front. I have the setup instructions from Campbell that show how to measure location of the torsion arms after the spring is rotated. I also thought about installing a ride height adjuster, but that would require moving the spring to the upper tube to clear the steering box and it seems it would be easier to bend the spring than take the whole beam apart, cut and weld it and put it all back together. Or maybe not! How difficult is bending the spring? I could use any tips on actually doing it.
SR Racing

Re: Spring bending-ride height adjustment

Post by SR Racing »

Not terrible, after you do it the first time. <g>

You will probably have to jack the front of the car up (a foot higher than the rear). Then using the Cambell instructions bend the arm. For the metal to take a set you will have to bend it much farther that you think. It will take a good 6 foot rod of some sort for leverage. After you do it let it set for a few minutes, before bothering to measure, since it will slowly go back towards its home position.

Call if you have questions on doing it. We have done it about 20 times now. <g>

Jim