VARA's First Annual Formula Vee Race

Kim291

VARA's First Annual Formula Vee Race

Post by Kim291 »

It has been a while! I wanted to send out a message to all Vee drivers to get those vee's out of the garage, storage or where ever you have your vee and get them ready to race.

Vara has decided to have special race for the Vee's at the next event. Oktoberfest at Buttonwillow Raceway in California on September 12th and 13th. This will be called the, "Formula Vee Challenge." That means the Vee drivers will get an extra race.

It will be a race for Formula Vees exclusivly. No other cars will be on the track with us. You will be placed on grid by the position that you finish the Qualifier Race in out regular run group on Saturday. So not only will we have our morning practice, Qualifier Race on Saturday and on Sunday, Morning practice and regular Vara race then, The "Formula Vee Challenge".

We need to get at least a total of 15 Vees to make this happen so lets get this special privledge that VARA is offering to us.

Please reply and let me know if you are interested in running in the First Annual Formula Vee Challenge.

For more information feel free to contact me.

Kim Madrid
FV-1 291
FV Class Rep.
909-229-4457
Kimmadrid291@msn.com
http://WWW.VARARACING.COM
Matt

Re: VARA's First Annual Formula Vee Race

Post by Matt »

Is that vintage and contemporary vee's?

Matt
subrew

Post by subrew »

VARA is vintage, but they have a couple "outlaw" (my own words) classes for FVs running slicks, or modded too far outside vintage rules. FV, FV1, FV2 etc.

This would be a great event to run. I've run Buttonwillow once in my FV, and had a blast. But I haven't run with VARA, and don't really have an official sign off on a license that they recognize. I typically run with a smaller NorCal race club.

Chris H.
Kim291

Post by Kim291 »

Matt,
Yes VARA is for Vintage Vee's but we are allowing the newer vee's run for the weekend event. During the Oktoberfest event you will be classed as FVX which is our exhibition class but for the Formula Vee Challenge you will be classes as FV-3.

There will be classes broke up as follows: FV - Pre 1972/True Vintage w/ treaded tires, FV-1 Pre 1972/Vintage with no fan and gen. w/American racer slicks, FV-2 pre 1972 - 1978 American racer slicks Mono shock rear suspen. and FV-3 Newer vees then 1978, running with tires other then Treads or american racers. There will be awards given for all 4 classes.

Thats just a quick break down. If you would like to see the rules you can go to http://WWW.VARARACING.COM and look at the rule book.

I hope this helps. Sorry for the delay in the response also.

Kim Madrid
FV-1 291
FV Class rep.