MaxQData data aquisition

CSatterley

MaxQData data aquisition

Post by CSatterley »

Has anyone ever used this product in a vee?

http://www.maxqdata.com/MQGPS.htm
subrew

Re: MaxQData data aquisition

Post by subrew »

I've used it quite a bit. I already had the unit from my days of national autocross with the STi, so I was already setup with a pda and all the software.

For me, it is a nice tool. I'm fairly new to the FV world, so it has proven good for me to compare laps, sections of track etc. I'm still gaining time each weekend on track, so I'm still finding things to improve on. I'm simply looking at speeds, lines, time lost, time gained etc.

My only issues I've had with it, is it can be a pain in the ass to sync up. Meaning, there are a few times when the GPS unit and the PDA take a few minutes to see each other, at which point it is too damn late and I need to get out for a session. And the PDA eats up enough power where I can't keep it on and sync'd all day. After having used it for a couple years, I'm finding I'm shying away from worrying about it every session, especially since I get complete session times with our club. In reality, just a simple lap timer with some GPS ability to predict times is all I need. I've actually downloaded one of those cheap Apps for the I-Phone that does lap timing. I figured I would run both at the next event and compare.

Chris H.