lap timers

MCRacer

lap timers

Post by MCRacer »

Anybody know anything about these lap timers?

http://www.blindapex.com/products_displayit.html

Works with the AMB system that has a transmitter added. Apparently some SCCA regions support it. Seems like an easy way to get times.

Mike
Matt King

Re: lap timers

Post by Matt King »

I have used one a friend loaned me a few times and found it marginally useful. It doesn't really do much more than a regular Hot Lap timer, etc., and since I have a data logger that also displays lap times, I found it redundant. One feature it it has is your overall position on the track, which is really only helpful if you are in a single-class run group, because it doesn't show your position in class, just overall in the group. Same with your lap time differential to the leader. I could really care less how much faster the quickest FF is in my run group during the session! It also shows laps and elapsed time for the race, but the timer only updates every trip past start/finish and only in full minute increments, not like a stopwatch. For the $300 price, I would pass on it personally.
caracal76

Re: lap timers

Post by caracal76 »

Road Atlanta was the only track around here that got on board with installing the hardware. It was really handy there. If the other tracks around here would use the hardware that the company provides (a transmitter), it would be worth it to me. As it is, I've been meaning to put mine up for sale. Maybe some other regions could get more use out of it? Anyone?
Anthony (actually the Caracal 17-red)

"When you're racing it's...it's life. Anything that happens before or after - it's just waiting."
-Steve McQueen, "LeMans"

"Screw second!"
-Burt Reynolds, "Stroker Ace"