Barber Motorsports Park Labor Day w/e 2009

FV90

Barber Motorsports Park Labor Day w/e 2009

Post by FV90 »

Come play in Alabama - Club Racing Double SARRC and Pro-It put on by Atlanta and Alabama Region SCCA
http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/ ... 79455C43E9
FV's run in Group 6 (CF, F5, F6, FF, FST, FV). IRL will run this track next year in April 2010.
I think a past National Champ is running with us eh?
FV90

Re: Barber Motorsports Park Labor Day w/e 2009

Post by FV90 »

Anthony Henderson
Mike Chandler
Mark Rothermel -
All in Caracals Against
Stevan Davis
Sherman Engler
Last edited by FV90 on September 1st, 2009, 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

HEY! I'm not there "competing" with any of those guys - I'm just there to double check my car before the Runoffs :P
I'll be waiving points and trophy and I'll do my best to stay out of "your" race.
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
MCRacer

Post by MCRacer »

FV80 wrote: I'm just there to double check my car before the Runoffs :P
Steve
In that case would you mind doing it at a reduced pace for a few laps - just ahead of me? :lol:

Mike
FV90

Post by FV90 »

Last day to register is today
5 FV's
1 FST
we have some CF, FF, F500. and a F600 so far in with us - 14 total in group.
caracal76

Post by caracal76 »

FV80 wrote:HEY! I'm not there "competing" with any of those guys - I'm just there to double check my car before the Runoffs :P
I'll be waiving points and trophy and I'll do my best to stay out of "your" race.
Steve
That's extremely cool of you, Steve!

I would be happy to waive my trophy, contingency money, even the kiss from Ms. Birmingham (all assuming, of course, that I earn any of the above). All I'm concerned with is the SARRC points. Otherwise, I'm happy to watch you guys drive away. If I wasn't having to race for position last year with Sherman I wouldn't have been anywhere close to you guys on the last lap.

Really, the issue is the way the rules are currently set with regards to waiving points in the SARRC. You should be able to do so without giving up anything else. It needs to be addressed at the meeting this winter.

I gotta go bolt on that Judson now! :wink:

Mike and Mark, won't these two races qualify you for the SIC? I hope you'll attend. It's a good way to meet and race the guys from Florida. My first year there I got a good idea of where I compared and what I needed to do next.
Anthony (actually the Caracal 17-red)

"When you're racing it's...it's life. Anything that happens before or after - it's just waiting."
-Steve McQueen, "LeMans"

"Screw second!"
-Burt Reynolds, "Stroker Ace"
FV90

Post by FV90 »

Some day if I have money and a little better motor I plan to go. Should be pulling the motor for a rebuild after the first of October hope to squeeze out more than 52 with a few upgrades.
FV90

Post by FV90 »

Saturday - rained stopped before our race and it was then a decision of wets vs slicks. I was on slicks like the rest but I was all over the track and woefully slow. Stevan Davis waived points but was really driving the wheels off like usual. Sherman Engler was credited with first and Anthony Henderson was second (but had last lap motor problems) and I survived for third.
Sunday was dry and I was 10 seconds faster than Saturday and was mucho more comfortable, we had three Vees to start and Stevan Davis only lapped me once (but it is fun watching him in the turns). Sherman Engler was credited with first, since SD waived points, and I was second. My motor is one year past a rebuild and it was needing it.
If you ever get the chance to race at Barber, do so.
caracal76

Post by caracal76 »

Yep, broke something south of the heads in the #2 cylinder coming out of the hairpin. I managed to limp it into the pits and that was the weekend. Glad to hear Sunday was uneventful for the rest of you!
Anthony (actually the Caracal 17-red)

"When you're racing it's...it's life. Anything that happens before or after - it's just waiting."
-Steve McQueen, "LeMans"

"Screw second!"
-Burt Reynolds, "Stroker Ace"