Post by kjr »

Anyone have lime rock results 8/1?
Thanks
K R
CitationFV21

Re: Lime Rock National Results?

Post by CitationFV21 »

Quick Review:

Qualifying in wet track conditions - Dean on pole.

9 cars started - Dave Scaler grabbed the lead, Roger in second and Dean in 3rd.

Dan Grace Sr moved up and was in the mix making a 4 car train - all swapping positions. Great stuff.

2nd group was Gene, Russ, Dan Jr and Tony Leone, with Bill Roche just out of the draft. More great stuff.

Roger moved into the lead and just held position just out of Dave's reach - both lapping at 1:00. or just under.

Lapping - lots of FF and F500. messed things up. Dan and Dean dropped back, Gene moved up.

Somewhere Russ spun and hit wall lightly, pitted and went back out to finish race.

With about 3 laps to go, not sure of sequence, Dan and Dean slid into each other - may have been water or dirt on track or FF dropping water. Dan spun and was tagged lightly by Gene. Dean continued to 3rd, Dan dropped out, Gene finished 4th.

Dan Jr spun off late (don't know why - didn't ask becuase of what followed) and Bill R moved up. Tony came in with engine noise.

After race, tow driver flipped Dan Jr! Not sure how much was damaged before or after tow driver, but 3 cars went home with damage, also Tony problem with engine.

What could have been a good race spoiled by FF and F500 (I am sure they will say same thing about the FV's.)

Chris Z
72jeff

Post by 72jeff »

Russ spun coming out of west bend.....lightly backed it into inside tire wall, but, took a while to get the car running again.
Dan jr's car wasn't damaged until the tow truck driver flipped..toasted rim, bent axle, bent spindle, possible steering issues, and maybe a broken/bent rear drum.
That makes the second time a tow truck driver flipped and damaged a vee this season.. :?: :!: :x
DanRemmers

Post by DanRemmers »

Did they tow it from the roll bar instead of the front beam?
CitationFV21

Post by CitationFV21 »

[quote="DanRemmers"]Did they tow it from the roll bar instead of the front beam?[/quote]

Yes, and recently (how long I don't know 'cause I don't get towed often :lol: ) they are using a strap that locks - the driver cannot let go like the old rope.

Also, off track is very muddy and the tires dig in. They are in such a hurry that sometimes thinking takes a back seat.

Something needs to be done before the NARRC Runoffs....

Chris Z
flat tappet

Post by flat tappet »

CitationFV21 wrote:
DanRemmers wrote:Did they tow it from the roll bar instead of the front beam?
Yes, and recently (how long I don't know 'cause I don't get towed often :lol: ) they are using a strap that locks - the driver cannot let go like the old rope.

Also, off track is very muddy and the tires dig in. They are in such a hurry that sometimes thinking takes a back seat.

Something needs to be done before the NARRC Runoffs....

Chris Z
DanRemmers wrote:Did they tow it from the roll bar instead of the front beam?
My buddy, Mike George is the flatbed driver for LRP. Yesterday. when I wasn't racing, I was pickin" up the pieces with Mike in the flatbed. We loaded up a beautiful Van Diemen FB that had overheated with out problem one. If you should need to get brought back to the pits during the NARRC runoffs, ask for Mike and the flatbed!!
DanRemmers

Post by DanRemmers »

So, no matter what the problem is, you should say the gearbox locked up so they send a tiltbed. 8)
hardingfv32-1

Post by hardingfv32-1 »

OR... they put you on the hook and smash your nose into the back of the tow truck.

Maybe you guys need to spend some time with the tow crew at the beer social. Find out why they are locking on to the roll bars. If you are locking on and taking control out of the race drivers hands, why are they not just connecting to the beam? Remember we are the only open wheel class they can safely do this on. We are an exception to normal practice.

Brian