Summit Point Aug 22,23

Bill Carroll

Summit Point Aug 22,23

Post by Bill Carroll »

We had a great time on the main track in July, August 22,23 we'll be on the Bill Scott FV World Champion designed course. For a bit of added challenge we will run Clockwise Sat. and CCW Sunday. If we have 6+ FV's John said we can have a FV only race! We'll get more track time than on the main couse and tons more than any other event that I've seen. All for $300. This is a first class facility, paved paddock, electric, fuel, clean showers & concession all just for this track. This is a great track that will challenge you and make you a better driver, you have to try this one. For more info go to the FRCCA web page at http://frccallc.webs.com/ Bill FV#55 Caldwell D13
Bill Carroll

Re: Summit Point Aug 22,23

Post by Bill Carroll »

Here's a video from earilier this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZADDxN9tLo
Bill Carroll

Post by Bill Carroll »

A FV only race on the track designed by 1970 Formula Vee World Champion Bill Scott.

If you plan on attending please send me a PM, or register at: http://www.frccallc.webs.com

We need a count to schedule this with the track. John developed a new schedule for a FV only race Sat. & Sun.
Bill Carroll

Post by Bill Carroll »

We're getting there and John has changed the schedule, need one/two more "I'll be there" 's to lock it in.
Let John or me know or go to http://www.frccallc.webs.com
pillowmeto

Post by pillowmeto »

I can not commit. I would like to be there that weekend but I am not sure yet. I may end up making a last minute decision, but I would consider myself a negative at this point.

-Matt
Bill Carroll

Post by Bill Carroll »

Let us know when you finally decide, John will work with anyone to help them make it. The FRCCA even has a payment plan they publish at the begining of the year to help us.
It's very cost effictive if you need to sort out your car as well @ $2/mile and 4-5 on track sessions per day.
Hope to see you there,
Bill
pillowmeto

Post by pillowmeto »

I have an 80% chance of being there. I can give you a total confirmation, hopefully, before the weekend is over.

-Matt
Steven McWilliams JR

Post by Steven McWilliams JR »

good luck getting there Matt,
Bill, I'll be there
Can't wait,
Steven
Steven McWilliams Jr.
Crew: #92 1986 Reynard SF2000
Driver: #19 1992 Vista C
#15 ITA Honda Civic Si
Bill Carroll

Post by Bill Carroll »

Great news, Steve and Matt.
I spent the last two days over at Pocono double Natinal crewing for a GT1 Camero until we took a rock through the radiator on lap 3, and of course we can't fix it by tomorrow. I'll spend tomorrow on my car, the trans change project just keeps getting bigger, so I'll have a chance to catch up and be ready.
P.S. Steve the driver of the Camero likes the smell of Hoosier tires, thinks they should make a Hoosier Air freshener. So your not the only tire sniffer I know!
Steven McWilliams JR

Bill,
Glad I'm not the only one!

See you there
Steven McWilliams Jr.
#15 ITA Honda Civic Si
pillowmeto

Post by pillowmeto »

Bill,

Count me in. Dave can not make it. What is the expected count this time?

I honestly do not mind running with the tyros that much as long as they do not bunch up too much and drive down the center of the track. It was when they were doing that that we could not pass.
Bill Carroll

Post by Bill Carroll »

Matt:
We are at 4 confirmed, I expect two or three more. Even if we don't get 6 John already made the schedule change, (if we would have to run with the Tyro's we can elect to have a split start too). We can meet with the Tyro's Sat. morning at the drivers meeting, the guys in the club have always worked with each other.
Bill
Steven McWilliams JR

the Tyro's didn't bother me too much, we just need to tell them to look in their mirrors. That'll make it more fun/safe for all of us.
can't wait, I put the Hoosiers on yesterday!
Steven
Steven McWilliams Jr.
#15 ITA Honda Civic Si
Bill Carroll

Post by Bill Carroll »

I just got done with the setup, rebuilt trans is finally done, changed rear trailing arms, new brakes all around got the kingpin busings all done and a bunch of other things, I think the car is finally done, hope I don't bend it! See you all there friday!
pillowmeto

Post by pillowmeto »

Alright Bill! I am looking forward to this weekend.
Bill Carroll

Post by Bill Carroll »

We had another great weekend, a little too wet Sat. afternoon with the Qual. turning into a spin fest, though the older and wiser Doug M. went out and drove around the track (we all went out to race) and although he never passed a car on track he passed everyone! A true case of the slowest car winning! Sunday was dry and we got to run with all of the classes in a 45 min. practice in the morning, that was great. Matt won the Qual. The race was the best one yet. Matt got by a FF and was never seen again and went on to win, running consistent low 1:30's, my brakes started to go and Steve caught me, the last 6 laps were an awesome passing challenge with 1-3 passes per lap, Steve finally got the second spot with two laps to go and was able to keep me behind. We were both driving hard and our lap times during the battle were some of our best in the low 1:30's!