Mysterian/Problemchild Race Package

problemchild

Mysterian/Problemchild Race Package

Post by problemchild »

Serious Racers Only

I am preparing to go back to school in the fall.

Everything is for sale. It is not a fire sale! I will not have the time or resources to continue to race this car at a high level for a few years. I need someone to take over and continue this car's success. The qualified buyer would receive technical support as required.

You can probably buy a new production FST car for the same or less. This is 5 years worth of accumulated parts, development, and speed.

Two Autowerks/Vallis/Rice engines. Dozens of wins, poles, fast laps, and lap records between the two engines. Complete from carb to clutch with every trick or mod available. I don't know which one is better but one has a much more expensive oil pump.

#08 has 4 race weekends since rebuild, with oversized oil pump.

#07 is fresh, has regular CB oil pump.

$5K each

Mysterian/Problemchild SM2. 3X Championship Problemchild chassis updated with new Mysterian bodywork. Brand new custom tail to debut at Nelson on June 27. Tail fits with new re-packaged rear suspension that is the most compact assembly in the class. Totally refurbished for the 09 season. Many custom tuning capabilities like:

- cockpit adjustable rear shock compression

- front droop adjusters (jacking screws adjustable through bodywork)

- external double-blade front anti-roll bar (adjusts without bodywork removal)

- double ride-height adjusters

- inboard front double-adjustable Fox shocks

- needle bearing bell-crank mounts on rear suspension

- modified geometry steering spindles

Car comes as raced with nice hardware, Willans belts, quality steering quik-release. etc.

Comes with one set of mounted tires on Superlite wheels.

Complete roller with double-adjustable Fox rear shock, $15K
or complete roller with triple-adjustable Penske/Fox rear shock, $15.5K

Set of Superlite GTR wheels with low-time Hoosiers, $800

Set of hardly-used Hoosier rains on Diamond wheels, $1000

Race prepped beam, 2 adjusters, with springs, $300

Spares package. Steering links, front pushrods, rear trailing arms, rear pushrods, rear suspension pickup mounts, front rocker, front pushrod mounts, oil cooler, $500

Spare nose, $300

I will sell everything listed as a package for $25K or 1 engine package for $21K. I would consider trade-ins of quality FV or FFs for up to $10K. The car will be raced at Nelson Ledges on June 27-28. It can be picked up at the track as raced.

The car is available for arrive-n-drive rentals after that until sold.

Greg Rice
greg13rice-at-hotmail.com

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
problemchild

Re: Mysterian/Problemchild Race Package

Post by problemchild »

We will be at Nelson Ledges this weekend.

Stop by and pick up a Fox40 whistle.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

New tail allows full rear suspension adjustment without tail removal.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

The car has been reprepped and is in the trailer waiting for it's next owner.

Can be delivered to Blackhawk for the FST event this weekend or to the CAT National/40th FF Party.

Would consider trade-ins of FV, FF, CF, F5, FC, street cars, trailers, or ????? for up to $10K value.

For more pics and info, please email greg13rice-at-hotmail.com
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

All trades or trade-ins considered.
Street cars, FV, FF, F500, CF, FM, FC, SRF, SM, ?

Possible delivery almost anywhere .... including CAT National/ 40th FF Party.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
problemchild

Lets Make a Deal!

Post by problemchild »

The car will be disassembled, parted out, and converted to another class if not sold by Labor Day. I am open to deals, trades, partial trades/deals on all or part of this package. I can also start lining up people interested in engines, transmissions, components, wheels, tires, etc. If I get enough interest, I can disassemble and deliver parts to Mid-Ohio for the next FST event. I can also put together a delivery plan to the Runoffs for anyone interested in the car or parts.

Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

I will start the disassembling the car the week after labor day. All VW parts, steering rack, oil system, wheels, etc will be available by Runoff time with free delivery to the Runoffs.

I expect that the engines will be parted out too!

Items below are available NOW with free delivery to Mid-Ohio next Sunday.

Back to School Sale!
Set of hardly-used Hoosier rains on Diamond wheels, 4 X 4" BC, now $750.
Race prepped beam, 2 adjusters, with springs, $300
Stock used beam, bare, no springs, $150
Set of torsion arms, need BJs, $75, or $50 with either of beams above.
2- New Rice-Vallis FST transmissions (w/o axles/tubes), $600, 2/$1100
3-Rear axles, $45 each
Also 63 Formcar FV body/chassis kit available. $3000 OBO
Trade-ins: FV engines/engine parts and front suspension parts welcomed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

I started building this car in September of 04. Debuted at Mid-Ohio on Sept 11, 05 with a 3rd place finish. Since then, 22 wins in 39 races including our last two races at Mid-Ohio in Sept ,09 .... all with a mid-40s obese "never won anything" driver.

This car handles! Corners and straights alike :lol:

This Friday (coincidently sept 11) the 5 yr "beating of a dead horse" will come to an end. I have several tire-kickers interested but nothing to keep the car from being parted out. All offers considered. Free delivery between Buffalo and the Runoffs!

Thanks!
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
Ed Womer

Post by Ed Womer »

Greg, I might be interested in the tranny without axles. What is the condition? Is it a long box with 26th third?

Ed
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

As new as a Vee tranny can be. Just rebuilt and painted. 1.26 Longbox in 12V case. Built for FST but usable for FV as well.

I will have many more suspension parts listed shortly. Beams, brakes, racks, etc. All can be delivered to the Runoffs for free.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
Ed Womer

Post by Ed Womer »

Greg,
I hate to ask a stupid question but what is the difference between a 6 volt and 12 volt tranny case?

Ed
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

12V transmission case accepts a larger diameter (1500-1600) flywheel. Because there is less room for the starter bushing, they made the shaft smaller in a 12V starter. There are aftermarket bushings available to use the 6V starter on the 12V case if someone still needs to.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

Please Note: These are Formula FST parts.

Back to School Sale!

Problemchild race-prepped front beam assembly. Dust cap to dust cap with brakes, camber adjusters, twin RH adjusters and twin spring packs. Requires separate shock packaging and external anti-roll bar (or internal A-R bar installation). $1000.

Problemchild race-prepped beam, identical to beam in above assembly with twin RH adjusters, with springs, $300 (Sale pending)

Stock used beam, bare, no springs, $150

2- New Rice-Vallis FST transmissions (w/o axles/tubes), $600, 2/$1100

3-Rear axles, $45 each

Wheel/Tire/Rear Brake Package
2 Sets of Superlite GTR wheels with Hoosier 60As. Front wheels are common FST spec. Rear wheels are narrow-track with special Problemchild rear brake package with single pin Ghia calipers and custom caliper brackets, all hardware needed is included for both rear brake assemblies. Tires were used to win at Mid-Ohio (16X,12X,12X,10X,8X,+20X,+20X,+20X). One rear disk has poor splines and one rear wheel has a chunk out of the wheel edge .... both were used at Mid-Ohio. Wheel is fine, disk needs replacing. $1300 (which is the price of 8 new Superlite wheels) Note: Rear wheels would work on any FST car with wheel spacers. I consider the narrower rear track desirable.

Set of hardly-used Hoosier rains on Bassett (F) and Aero (R) 4X4"wheels, Was $1000, then $750 ... Now $700

2-black Bassett wheels and 2-black Diamond wheels, $50 each

1 set of NEW Hoosier FF/FST (44140,44220) rain tires w/o wheels. Purchased exactly 1 year ago. Mounted but never used. Always stored inside (not baking in trailer). Cost me over $900. Now $650.

Two Autowerks/Vallis/Rice engines. Dozens of wins, poles, fast laps, and lap records between the two engines. Complete from carb to clutch with every trick or mod available. I don't know which one is better but one has a much more expensive oil pump.
#08 has 5 race weekends since rebuild, heads freshened, with oversized oil pump
#07 is fresh, has regular CB oil pump.
$5K each

63 Formcar FV body/chassis kit available. $3000 OBO .... Now $2500

Trade-ins: "Name" FV engines/engine parts (Autowerks,Noble,VeeTech,Peak,Chuck). Also need 2 sets of newish Willans-style belts for formula car.

I will have more quality Formula FST parts for sale. All are the best quality available, usually used genuine German VW parts which were selected over the poor quality aftermarket used parts used on many other FST cars. No vender could spend the time that was spent on the preparation of these parts. I have listed these larger parts now so that distribution can be arranged through the network of people attending the Runoffs. Delivery to Road America on the final race Runoff weekend (or points in between from Buffalo) will be FREE!

Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"