Nashville Super Speedway June 26-28, 2009

FV90

Nashville Super Speedway June 26-28, 2009

Post by FV90 »

Heart of Dixie Double SARRC/ECR (enduro) and Practice Day June 26, 27, and 28, 2009 at Nashville Super Speedway. For information look here http://www.rivergate5speed.com/scca/race/nashville.html
On-line Registration is on http://www.motorsportreg.com/ You will need to set-up an account if not already on Motorsportsreg
Due to popular demand a FRIDAY TEST DAY has been added, the Road Race schedule was changed last year to qualify/race Sat and qualify/race Sun this year. The schedule so far has the Vees in group one so you can get home early!
You can also rent one of the covered garages.
We had 5 Vees and 2 FST's play last year so please sigh up early.
Thanks for your support.
fv31

Re: Nashville Super Speedway June 26-28, 2009

Post by fv31 »

They have us grouped with Spec racer fords. a crappy grouping to say the least. i have already contacted the safety steward and the chief. the chief contacted me back and they will take a look at the issue next week.

central florida ran vees with SRF and it was pure carnage. they can't see us due to the way their car is built and the weight difference makes it a nasty mix. i don't know if it's true or not, but i HEARD that CFR dropped the grouping due to a lawsuit or threat of same. fields fell way off because the vee guys just didn't want to run with them.

i'll run either way, but i totalled a car at sebring (along with bill ferguson) when a SRF spun in front of us. we got out with bumps and bruises, but the wreck looked so nasty that medical came to us instead of us going to medical. at one race, they ended up life flighting someone out, and the races were usually two or three lap affairs, at which time they'd red flag the race and pull everyone in. i actually don't recall but one SRF/FV group race that i was involved with that actually went all the way to a finish....and that was after they started split starts.

i don't mind running with big bore formula cars, but as for SRF/FV, it's just a bad mix.

bill
fv31
FV90

Post by FV90 »

Yo Bill,
So how many SRF's were you running with CFR? NSS had three SRF's total last year and I think there are compliants from other class groupings on the same problem.
fv31

Post by fv31 »

in cfr, there were quite a few. thing is, it only takes one.

with the high rear on the car and difficult sight lines, it's hard for them to see little vees. we're small, we're low, and if we tuck in behind them, they can't even tell we're there.

bill
fv31
FV90

Post by FV90 »

I know the situation is being looked into. It may come down to what group has the lower attendance and how many SRF's show up. I have had experience with an SRF in my rr school at Roebling and luckily all I had was paint taken off my left front cap and he had a new stripe down the side of his car, but i do like the draft I get off of them.
fv31

Post by fv31 »

gotta agree about the draft. i've used them more than once to sneak by a competitor. while they can't see us behind them, neither can anyone else.

i've spoke to one other vee driver who has absolutely no interest in the event with spec racer fords grouped with us. the grouping i usually see for SRF is with one of the sedan groups. the tin tops are easier for them to see and stand up taller. they also weigh more than we do so they fare better in a crash. granted there aren't many in this neck of the woods, but as i said it only takes one. and mixing it up with those guys in the t2-t3 area at that track........

bill
fv31
caracal76

Post by caracal76 »

I've got to ditto the points made earlier. That's been my experience with Fords, as well. I've had races when they'd hold me up in corners and then out-drag me on the straights, all the time hosing me down with coolant! That's what air is for! I plan to be there regardless, but I'd sure like to be able to drive it onto the trailer afterward!
Anthony (actually the Caracal 17-red)

"When you're racing it's...it's life. Anything that happens before or after - it's just waiting."
-Steve McQueen, "LeMans"

"Screw second!"
-Burt Reynolds, "Stroker Ace"
hardingfv32-1

Post by hardingfv32-1 »

The issue of racing with SRF is an old one. I wonder if the accidents don't just boil down to the fact FV's need to be aggressive in the turns and under braking to make a pass on a SRF. It is not going to happen on the straights normally. Why all the concern about visibility? Do you need their cooperation when making the pass? If you don't want trouble, don't let yourself get frustrated.... AND always have a alternate plan for when the SRF doesn't respond the way you had planned.

Brian
fv31

Post by fv31 »

my concern is not about driving style or passing techniques. i've passed more than a few SRF in my days. my concern is about PHYSICS, and the weight differences and lack of sight lines inherent in SRF's.

irregardless of a vee driver's ability, when hit by something that weighs approximately 60-70 percent more than you do, it will tear you up. and i don't care if lewis hamilton is behind the wheel......if a SRF hits a vee, the vee loses. sometimes quite badly.

bill
fv31
FV90

Post by FV90 »

Thanks for registering Bill, we've got Win and Place taken care of.
FV90

Post by FV90 »

Here are some pluses of Nashville
We have garages and that makes summertime racing much more pleasant, and contribute to a more social paddock experience. What other race track polishes the garage floor before we arrive? And the Air Conditioned Media Center is at our disposal. We have a great RV parking area where you can paddock and RV at the same place with electricity, water and cable TV at each site. And use is FREE.
The wife/girlfriend units can enjoy the outlet malls and Opry Mills in the area.
Email me a m.rothermel@hotmail.com and I can send you a .wmv file of a lap of NSS.
FV90

Post by FV90 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFBPqYCyVks
1 lap of NSS on youtube in a DSR
Split starts are being looked into for our group
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Certainly has a 'Daytona' look to it. What is a good Vee time there?
Steve
hmmm.... *FREE* RV sites ?? :mrgreen:
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
MCRacer

Post by MCRacer »

Steve,
Sherman Engler holds the track record at 1:12.420. Anthony Henderson ran a 1:14.0 at last year's HOD.

Mike
FV90

Post by FV90 »

Thanks for entering Mike, that makes three - waitng on the red hot rod of Anthony and possibly the free RV hook-up guy? Just need Randell H and Matt G to make a nice field o Vee's.
fv31

Post by fv31 »

yeah....they actually ARE free! two years ago when atlanta ran it they were 25 bucks. when chattanooga took over they are free. 100 amp power, water, cable tv. if you're in a motorhome, nashville is a great paddock.

bill
fv31
rhaynes93

Post by rhaynes93 »

I'd like to run that event but I really don't see it happening unless I go back to work in the next week or so.
I was hoping on going back this year and picking up 2-4 seconds.

Randall (Randy) Haynes
FV90

Post by FV90 »

Group 1
CF, FF, FST, FC, F5, FV, and SRF is now looking at a split start with SRF AND if you look at the schedule for Sunday looks like you can get back home by supper time even with a 4 - 5 hour tow.
We now have 4 FV's with Anthony coming on board.
FV90

Post by FV90 »

Gary Sharp has entered his FST and we are hoping for a local FST to join us.
FV90

Post by FV90 »

Saturday Results
Anthony Henderson 1st Carcal C
Michael Chandler 2nd in Caracal D
Mark Rothermel 3rd in Carcal C
Bill Law 4th in Citation
Gary Sharp 1st in FST in Citation
Sunday Results
Anthony Henderson 1st Carcal C
Michael Chandler 2nd in Caracal D
Gary Sharp 1st in FST in Citation
fv31

Post by fv31 »

i don't think i got 4th. i'm pretty sure i didn't complete enough laps to be credited with a finish.

bill
fv31
FV90

Post by FV90 »

MyLaps has you at 11 laps completed so that is 1/2 way of the 22 total. I'm not the offical say but.......