Anyone know what this car is?

cashflyer

Anyone know what this car is?

Post by cashflyer »

I don't think it was a FSV, but still somebody here may be able to ID it.

[ external image ]

It currently has a motorcycle engine fitted, but the owner does not believe it is original to the car. He thinks it was manufactured in England.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
brian

Re: Anyone know what this car is?

Post by brian »

It looks like an old Brabham. There were some converted to m/c engines. It still looks like it may be worth a lot more if you can return it to the old FC configuration. Many years ago SCCA 's FC included motorcycle engines.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
brian

Post by brian »

Looking again, it may be a Lola FF with a wide nose.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
supersmile

Post by supersmile »

According the the guy selling it, its a Lystonia. His ad is over on the EMRA forum:

Race Car: Formula Car : I need some help with this car. It has a bultaco motorcycle engine from the 70s? about 350 cc. It was made in sussux england, by lystonia. One sold at Goodwood in 2004 for 6500#, so am looking to sell or trade this for a Fomula car ,vee, food .etc or any fun race car....but i really don't know what it is. On-Line picture available. Email thetackleshop@aol.com or call 631-324-7770.
Listed as of 8-30-08

I looked into it briefly when he first listed it but didn't find too much info on the company.
Rob Zatz
cashflyer

Post by cashflyer »

I had saw the ad, and have a friend who actually spoke to the guy. In actuality, the owner "thinks" it's a Lystonia.

His uncertainty, along with the fact that I can find absolutely NOTHING about a Lystonia other than his ad and an attempt to sell one at the Goodwood festival in 2004, is what led me to start asking on the boards.

At the Goodwood festival, the Lystonia was listed as being "circa 1984", however the nose shape leads me to believe this car is early 1970s.

It's possible that it is a one-off vehicle. It's even possible that the builder called it a Lystonia. I'm just trying to see if anyone recognized it as something else before I go with Lystonia as fact.
Lynx94

Post by Lynx94 »

You might try posting the photo and info on the Nostalgia forum at this url:

http://forums.autosport.com/index.php