Speed Channel Runoff FV Reminder/Tomorrow

JimR

Speed Channel Runoff FV Reminder/Tomorrow

Post by JimR »

Wednesday 11/26/2008 1PM EST, set your recorders.
G.B.

Re: Speed Channel Runoff FV Reminder/Tomorrow

Post by G.B. »

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Run-Offs on Speed today. I did not record it, so I cannot check, but didn’t the commentator point out that average age of the drivers was 53! Whilst this is an amazing statistic, where’s the young blood?

I’m 45 and personally I prefer racing with drivers of my age or older, who understand that we all have to go to work on Monday and if you bend it, it will be you who has to straighten it out again.

Nevertheless, looking at the bigger picture, an aging population is not good for the long-term future of the formula. Who will be racing in FV in twenty years time?
clubford00

Post by clubford00 »

Actually i believe he said 50.3 years old or 51 . He was talking about Niki Maurus at the time being 21 and most of the drivers were driving before Niki was born. At least John and Niki got some nice airtime.
Dean
Real Racecars, DONT have fenders !!!
rstackjd

Post by rstackjd »

I don't have speed channel so didn't get to see it - if anyone has a DVD of the show I'd be glad to pay shipping.

Thanks
fvkartguy

Post by fvkartguy »

I unfortunately didn't see this post in time.
Does anyone know if they're planning on replaying the race anytime soon? I'm going to try to set my DVR next time.
HendricksRacing Site:
www.HendricksRacing.net
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

According to the schedule, all FV coverage is all gone already. It showed twice (as indicated above). In some past years, Speed has done an all day marathon of SCCA Runoffs on Christmas Day. It was never announced - it just showed up. They didn't do it last year, but might again anyway. Other than that, the only way I know of is to find a friend who recorded it or order the DVD from SCCA. Speed, of course, has the RIGHT to show it again any time they want, and it's POSSIBLE they might run out of skate boarding and bmx stuff and toss it in somewhere. Go to SpeedTV.com and periodically do a search for 'Runoffs' :).
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
neilcox

Post by neilcox »

One more chance on January 10, 2009 12:00AM

http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/filter/date/2009-1-9