Aim Mychron3 Dash Data Logger

Greg Davis

Aim Mychron3 Dash Data Logger

Post by Greg Davis »

I'm considering purchasing an Aim Mychron3 dash and would appreciate hearing from Vee drivers who have used this unit. Is it reliable? How easy to understand and useful is the track mapping feature? Any other insights or input would be appreciated as these things are not cheap.
brian

Re: Aim Mychron3 Dash Data Logger

Post by brian »

I decided to go with Racepak's G2X. It's a resonably priced, GPS based system and the software is very easy to work with. Racepak is a division of MSD so the backing is extensive. We had an issue with our outdated ignition and the tach function but I think it has been resolved.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
sweenrace

Post by sweenrace »

I have the MXL which is the next step up, but shares many of the same features. I can say the customer service is very good, they are constantly updating the analysis software. We had a very specific development goal when we bought it and its been very helpful in that regard. I wouldnt say it has helped my driving in any particular way but that may be because we've been focused on getting the car right.

The documentation is not great, although they are trying to improve that. There are also lots of people using the mychron so there is a wealth of info around.

Last time I looked the pricing was good too. Oh, and we use the track mapping all the time

ian
Martinracing98

Post by Martinracing98 »

My experience with Mychron is from karting. They are nice products and easy to set up and use. The thing that really did it for me was their customer service. I have seen nothing that matches it in any industry.
Mystique Racing

Post by Mystique Racing »

I would also recommend the AIM products. I started with the AIM system in karting and have continued to use it in my FV and FST. In my mind the real advantages are customer support and the popularity of the product. File sharing can be a great asset. I continually share my data with my engine builder which has been a great tool. Also, they have just updated the Race Studio software to version 2:30:11 and the improvements are amazing. Check out the "Track Report" function, it is awesome. There may be slightly better systems available, however, they are 3x the price.
Scott

Diamond Formula Cars

http://www.diamondformulacars.com
Greg Davis

Post by Greg Davis »

Thank you to all who responded to my inquiry. It is great to have the experience of the Vee community for technical assistance and product info feedback.
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

And we have the best prices on them <g> (AIM)

We have the Mychron 3 Gold in all 4 of our cars. (The XG Log in one.) They are all you need for a vee but expandable. The XG Log has a bit more expandabilty. We have never had a problem with one in 3+ years of racing. (Other than a sensor that may crap out like any sensor). We have them in stock and can answer any of your questions.

Jim
SR 859-252-2496