Digital version of Frank Scheultheis's Scrutineer's handbook

pillowmeto

Digital version of Frank Scheultheis's Scrutineer's handbook

Post by pillowmeto »

Does anyone have a digital copy of Frank Scheultheis's FV Scrutineer's handbook available? I keep seeing references to this book, but have never seen a copy of it.
FV55inSpokane

Re: Digital version of Frank Scheultheis's Scrutineer's handbook

Post by FV55inSpokane »

I suppose I could (if it's NOT copy written) scan the whole thing and list it somewhere....
I have two copies: one from like '74 and the other from the next year or two, not sure, they have a lot of dust on them.
It has a LOT of info on Vees.
Lawrence
rstackjd

Post by rstackjd »

FV55inSpokane wrote:I suppose I could (if it's NOT copy written) scan the whole thing and list it somewhere....
I have two copies: one from like '74 and the other from the next year or two, not sure, they have a lot of dust on them.
It has a LOT of info on Vees.
Lawrence
Assuming it's not copyrighted I'd appreciate that as well
brian

Post by brian »

It was copywritten but maybe that's expired. Much of what is said is a bit dated due to rule and attitude changes. I have copies and if someone gets clearance, I could make them available. Frank was enshrined in the SF hall of fame last year maybe someone in the SF region office has a contact number.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
FV55inSpokane

Post by FV55inSpokane »

I scanned vol. 1 yesterday and will the other probably tomorrow but still want to make sure that it's okay to distribute this material via CD's.
Any contact info for Mr. Schultheis would be appreciated.
Lawrence
cendiv37

Post by cendiv37 »

I don't believe copyrights expire like patents do. It would really be best to contact Frank to see it he feels it should be in the public domain. We would all benefit by having copies of this seminal FV document. It may not all apply today, but it is still the basis of many rules discussions and decisions.
Bruce
cendiv37
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

While copyrights can be very complicated and I'm certainly not an attorney, it appears that works published before Jan 1, 1978 are protected for 95 years after publication. For works published after that date, the works are protected until 70 years after the creator's death. There are also some rules regarding who did what when. Different rules apply to corporations.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
FV55inSpokane

Post by FV55inSpokane »

I'll ask one of my customers (from the SF region) if he knows of him.
I will go no further with this until we find some more info on this subject.
If it works out the only cost involved will be for the CD's, not my time.
Lawrence
butchdeer

Post by butchdeer »

At the 35th Fv birthday party Frank sold the rights to the manual to Myself and Ron Ruttenberg of DRE Inc. I have his original and notes but have not republished or updated this infomation. I do not have a digitized version but may know where one exists. Anyone interested in pursueing an updated can contact me by P.m. or e mail butch@racecarsupply.com
or by phone at 859-963-8318.
Butch Deer
FV since1963
FV55inSpokane

Post by FV55inSpokane »

Thanks Butch! It's nice to find out this info.
Is it okay to distribute some CD's (at no cost other than for the CD's) then?
Lawrence
butchdeer

Post by butchdeer »

Great. The book is quite out of date with the present rules but there is still a lot of good info in there and I'm happy to share it with any interested party.
Butch
FV since1963