Battery Suggestions

jpetillo

Battery Suggestions

Post by jpetillo »

I'm in need of a new battery. I currently run a sealed non-spillable Universal Battery UB12180 - an 18 AH. This battery is about 7" x 3" x 6 3/4".

I'm looking for a smaller battery that will do the same job. This one sit flat on its side under the knees. If it were smaller in one of those dimensions, that would be great.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, John
Larry Bradley

Re: Battery Suggestions

Post by Larry Bradley »

Now a promise made is a debt unpaid, and the trail has its own stern code.
smsazzy

Post by smsazzy »

I bought an odyssey from batterymart.com that works great.

I use the Odyssey PC310. A handful of other guys use it too. It works great. It is a little pricey at $159 but weighs about 5.9lbs and is relatively small. 5.5 X 3.5 X 4

They make a couple bigger ones if you prefer.
Stephen Saslow
FV 09 NWR
jpetillo

Post by jpetillo »

smsazzy wrote:I bought an odyssey from batterymart.com that works great.

I use the Odyssey PC310. A handful of other guys use it too. It works great. It is a little pricey at $159 but weighs about 5.9lbs and is relatively small. 5.5 X 3.5 X 4

They make a couple bigger ones if you prefer.
Thanks! I don't have a problem with the weight of a typical battery, but a smaller size would be welcome.
jb_11

Post by jb_11 »

Odyssey makes a very nice, durable battery. I've used the PC680 before with good results, but I think it's the same size as the one you're replacing.

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc680series.htm
-JB
jpetillo

Post by jpetillo »

Thanks, I'll check them out. My current battery apparently lasted 4 years. My motorcycle batteries last much longer. I've always had it on a battery tender. I'm not using the 2003 battery it replaced. I keep both on a battery tender, or equivalent, but I've just had them in my possession for two years.