Re: NARRC Runoffs

Post by FV32 »

Jeff,
I'm planning on it at this point.
Dan
JimR

Post by JimR »

I am very concerned about the grouping with NCF's at LRP even though I'm aware that FF's did run with FV and F500 at the National race. Based on the results (NESCCA.com) there was a 7 second differenial between the FF's and FV's. In a 32 lap race that equates to 224 seconds or being lapped 4 times by some very fast guys like Mike Rand. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me why FV wasn't slated for its own group or a typical FV/F500 race group if it can post a strong entry field that is typical to the NARRC Runoff's. Although I doubt it will change I hope someone takes notice. I would also guess there had to be some moments and some expressed opinions at the National from both sets of classes.
Jim Regan
jjflip

Post by jjflip »

Jim,
I got lapped 3 times at the national i finished 6th. Roger the winner only got lapped twice (he was light years ahead of me). It was exciting running with the Fords, that i will agree. But imo i have more trouble with the slow 500's than the FF's.
If all goes well at the glen ill be there.
Jeff
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

If i might interject a suggestion here. If you are in FV and are getting LAPPED by faster classes, do EVERYTHING you can DO to let them through without hindrance - including SLOWING a bit here and there to allow them to clear you before you get to a turn/brake point. Yes - it might not be 'fair', but it will pay back BIG TIME in no accidento's. These guys see a Vee hit the brakes and think it will be fine to blast by them at the last instant all too often. OR, they scream by you just before YOUR braking point and then S L A M on their brakes (which happen to be significantly better than yours) and ... well, you know what happens then!

Obviously, if you are in a tight fight, it's tough to do - but IF YOU CAN give way (early), then it makes life (as we now know it) better for everyone. Yes .. more so for them, but you don't have to fix your torn up car either :-).

YMMV,
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
72jeff

Post by 72jeff »

does anyone know which track configuration we're running?.....The supps were vague......they only mentioned the "option" for practice
CitationFV21

Post by CitationFV21 »

72jeff wrote:does anyone know which track configuration we're running?.....The supps were vague......they only mentioned the "option" for practice
We will be running the "classic" track with the optional track run as testing AFTER all the races have been run.

Looks like they want to see what we think of the new configuration before they schedule a race. For FV, it might be great as it would make it a short box track, and that might bring some guys down from NHMS. I think the new configuration will be no worse that NHMS with both chicanes and would add at least 2 more passing areas. Whether it would be more or less dangerous is up for debate - they had a lot of carnage at the ALMS race, but that was mostly due to the big cars and speed differential.

ChrisZ