THANK YOU THANK YOU

FV90

THANK YOU THANK YOU

Post by FV90 »

To all of y'all involved in conducting the 45th Birthday races - I had a great time, especially after getting back on the track instead of the woods. Thanks to Buccaneer Region, Hoosier, Lisa Noble, Anthony Henderson, and especially Fred Clark. My first race on the Novice Permit was a blast and I was able to put it on the trailer under power - still finding twigs today :shock:
caracal76

Re: THANK YOU THANK YOU

Post by caracal76 »

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Racecar! :P :P :P

Seriously, I echo the thanks to Fred and all the others who helped make this a weekend I'll never forget! Kudos also to the drivers for running clean and hard. A race, a car show, a trip through history. I have never been so proud to race a Vee! See you at the 50th!!!
Anthony (actually the Caracal 17-red)

"When you're racing it's...it's life. Anything that happens before or after - it's just waiting."
-Steve McQueen, "LeMans"

"Screw second!"
-Burt Reynolds, "Stroker Ace"
jgerber

Post by jgerber »

I want to echo the "thank you" to everyone involved in putting on the 45th Birthday Party, including all of the drivers, crews, workers, and anyone else that I am forgetting. Speaking as an old FV driver, it was great to see such good racing from so many vees, and to talk to old friends that I had raced with back in the '70s. There is nothing like a good vee race, and I got to see several of them last weekend. I am sure that they were better than the tow car race in Texas, or the spec car race in Florida.

The vintage racing looked like so much fun that I will have to keep my eyes open for a car, with the hope that I will be on track at the 50th Birthday Party.

Thanks again to everyone.

John Gerber, FV 81 from CenDiv, '70 to '76
caracal76

Post by caracal76 »

caracal76 wrote:...A race, a car show, a trip through history...
Sportscar, August 08, P. 36, paragraph 2: "...what one driver aptly called "a race, a car show and a trip through time."

Am I being (mis)quoted?

Nice article, BTW, and my picture is finally in Sportscar!-twice (car 17-red examining the pit wall for graffiti on p. 38)
Anthony (actually the Caracal 17-red)

"When you're racing it's...it's life. Anything that happens before or after - it's just waiting."
-Steve McQueen, "LeMans"

"Screw second!"
-Burt Reynolds, "Stroker Ace"