FV Party Info

f clark

FV Party Info

Post by f clark »

First I would like to thank Keith for giving the FV party this spot on the Exchange, thanks KEITH
AS most of you know racing never stops in the S.E. division, January is one of the worst months , 2 nationals SEDIV annual meeting and a Double drivers school just to name a few, so all information and pre- planning (supps, entry forms, officals and staff etc.) is slow moving.
Here's what we need from the FV community at this point.
1. If you are intrested, jump in and design a tee shirt for the event, Rob and Nick Ashley, FV folks from Virgina have offered to fund all the workers shirts, the winning design gets SPEICAL crew shirts hats etc for there team.
It takes a while to get these made so we would like the winning design by the 20th of FEB. so lets go.
Send your design to Nancy McDonald, Race Chairman 14461 Woodfield Court S. Jacksonville, Fl. 32258
E-mail is http://www.ismine@comcast.net
Second Item: ALL DRIVERS, ALL DRIVERS , MUST BE SCCA MEMBERS and have licenses accepted by the SCCA.
SCCA has a Temporary Membership Program, THE BUCCANEER REGION OF THE SCCA will pay for this membership for the DRIVERS , if you have CREW or GUESTS who need to go in the HOT area's of the track they must be members as well but must buy the membership. its $15.00 for the WHOLE WEEKEND!
Registration for this event will be on DLB and this information will be on it as well.
What we need to know IN ADVANCE is just how many MEMBERSHIP FORMS we need so count your crew and so forth and get it to the RACE CHAIRMAN A.S.A.P.
IF all goes as planned (we are waiting for one more small piece of pre-planning info) Offical entrys ,Supps etc will be available by Feb 5th, so keep watching this site and the offical party slte http://www.fv45birthday.com
My daily E-mail is http://www.fclark@offroadholdings.com if you need more info
Hope to see you there.
Fred Clark
fv195

Re: FV Party Info

Post by fv195 »

Will drivers with a novice permit be allowed to race @ the birthday party? Doing the double school this month, but really doubt I will get two races in before the party? How many are planning on going to this school? don't want to be the only vee in a feild of SRF's
THanks, thor
post school report,
in the race on Sunday, I finnished infront of a SRF and was setting up to pass two more when the checkered flag came out. what a great track for vees, no shifting, 4th and then point and shoot. by the end of school, I had allmost 8hours of track time, boy was I tired great time, Thanks to Fred Clark for doing tech, and giving advice to vee drivers. :lol:
Last edited by fv195 on February 11th, 2008, 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
f clark

Post by f clark »

The Birthday party event will be ran as an Restricted Regional,so Novice Permits are in, and it counts towards your license! See you there.
Fred
Keith Lawrence

Post by Keith Lawrence »

What about us vintage guys - will they accept VSCDA, VRG or VSCCA license?

Thanks

Keith Lawrence
Pittsburgh PA
64 AD
f clark

Post by f clark »

I belive VSCDA, and I don't know abouot the other two groups, belong to the VMC, SCCA accepts this group,
I'll have a look today and see if I can find out about the other two, if someone knows, jump in and save me the time.
Thanks Fred
f clark

Post by f clark »

Hi Keith,
The VSCDA, VRG, and VSCCA are all Members of the Vintage Motorsports Council, so the liscense's are excepted.
See in Savannah.
Fred Clark
Keith Lawrence

Post by Keith Lawrence »

Thanks. I'll be looking to get out of the cold for a race.

Keith
Pittbsurgh, PA
high of 12 deg F on Monday - ugh!!!!
Bill_Bonow

Post by Bill_Bonow »

Fred,

We are well on our way to bringing 20 Formula First cars to the 45th. However, at T-minus 58 days, many of the guys are asking about registration and schedule information. The website is a great source of communication, but currently much of the needed info is "coming soon". Any chance for some updates?
Bill Bonow
" I love Formula Vees, they're delicious!"
BD Party Chairman

Post by BD Party Chairman »

We apologize for the slowness of the information being brought to you. The schedule, groupings, and registration forms are in final approval phase. We expect it to be posted here and on the web-site by the end of this week.
Nancy
f clark

Post by f clark »

BIll, and who ever else is looking in,
As I explained before things are not as easy as they may have been in the past, in reguards to getting a sanction , insurence supps etc. Its not like it was even 5 years ago, and most of us know why, not to mention 2 nationals , some regionals( I have lost count on this one) annual meetings, a double drivers school and a national SCCA convention, all since Jan. 1 anyway as you have read from Nancys note all is in readyness and hopefully posted by the 15th, if that's not good enought for anyone they can call me at 904-234-5603 and I will be happy to answer any questions.
Seems to me that if 45 days is good enought for the sanctioning body it should work for us as enterants.
In an earlier note I ask for those who were non-SCCA MEMBERS to contact us in advance so we would not have a hold up in registration on the weekend of the event, to my knowledge NO ONE contacted the race chairman or the registar. IF you want to stand in a long line that's up to you if not let us know, by the way Buccaneer region is paying the fee for the NON-MEMBER drivers, crew and guests who have to enter the hot areas of the track (pit lane, false grid) have to be members as well, however you must pay for these memberships, again its only $15.00.
Fred Clark
f clark

Post by f clark »

New and Importent Vee Party Information, involving Gate openings and the Free Test Day
Here is the gate openings and closings for Thursday April 3 2008. The track is rented for private testing and the renter has consinted to these times.
Gate will be open( times are approx. exact times depend on renters test runs) 12:00 noon until 1:00pm. The gate will reopen at 3:oopm for a 20 min worker break, it will close at 3:20 and remain closed until 5:00-5:15 pm. the gate will remain open until 10:00 pm Thursday night.
If you come in at 12 you can leave untll 1:00, if not you must stay until 3:00, likewise if you come in at 3:00 you can leave before the gate closes at 3:20pm or you must stay until the 5:00 opening.
Everyone MUST sign thel track waiver, if you are camping you are welcome to stay, remember at 10:00pm the gates are closed and locked and will not reopen until Friday morning at 6:30.

Friday April 4th 2008 FREE TEST DAY sponsered by HOOSIER TIRE
PRE REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED FOR TEST DAY!
The track will open at 7:00 am You can come in AFTER you sign the track waiver and recive you test day information slip.
An announcement on the PA system at or near 8:00am will invite you to the Tech shed to to sign in for the test day, We can't use the PA untill 8:00am so please head towards the tech shed at 7:30 you MUST BRING the information sheet, COMPLETLY FILLED OUT to this meeting. You will get a test day wrist band and attend a brief drivers meeting.
IF you were camping at the track there will be information slips at the Tech shed for you to fill out, you must ask for it
The Test Day is being managed by the Roebling Road Raceway managers and Staff, and is ran under the Rules of Roebling Road Raceway. The rules are posted in 4 areas around the track, bathrooms,information boards at the gates and in the Tech Shed.AND they are on the bottom of the SUPPS sheet you have with your entry (every one reads the supps Right?) PLEASE read these rules and abide by them.
Test Day will START with 3 test groups, the sessions will start at 8:30am an last 20 min. there will be a short pauses between groups to let cars across the track and to clean up spills or crash damage should this be necessary.
Test Groups Are Group 1 Formula First and Super Vee
Group 2 Current SCCA Formula Vees
Group 3 Monoposto FV'S Historic FV'S
Depending on the number of cars etc. the management may ad a group or groups as needed
Test Day will end at 5:00pm
Registration for the FV 45th Birthday Party will open at 6:00pm Friday evening, EVERYONE repeat EVERYONE must go to registration and sign in for the event.registration closes at 8:30 pm. Tech will open at 6:00pm as will but you MUST go to REGISTRATION FIRST.
The Track will remain Open until 10:00pm.
There is ample room to park around the Registraton building please use this to park if the track gate is closed DO NOT BLOCK THE ROAD in or out of the track.
Hope to see you there.
Fred Clark

Track openings for Sat. is 6:30 till 10:00
Sunday track openings are 6:30 untill 7:00pm
Last edited by f clark on March 10th, 2008, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jon R

Post by Jon R »

Thanks for the update!
f clark

Post by f clark »

WAIT! THERES MORE:
Ray Caldwell will be the guest speaker at Sat. nights gathering, Ray is the creator of the Autodynamics and Caldwell races cars, Formula Vee's and others, I can't wait to here what ra has to say. Ray will be driving a D 13 in the Historic group, Don Towers if getting it ready for Ray.
IF that's no enought Ray will be looking for, in his judgement the Best of Show for Cars of Ray Caldwell. (See the next Item)

THERE'S STILL MORE:
WITH THE GUIDENCE , AND HELP FROM Bill Wernar (Pres. and CEO) of the Amelia Island Concours d' Elenance, (see http://www.amelilaconcours.org ) we are going to have a small concours of our own, Judging will be for the Monoposto cars, Historic Cars and the Cars of Ray Caldwell.
Ray Caldwell will be judgeing his cars of course, and we have hijacked a top race car judge from the Amelia Island event ,
George Drolsom . He is a life member of Chicago region SCCA, and retired IMSA and SCCA racer, Geo reciently judged at the Porsche Rennensport III event at Daytona not to mention he is retaired from Porsche AG ,PCNA and VWOA.
The "BEST OF SHOW " AWARD in each Class will be Sponsered by VICTORY LANE MAGAZINE , they are deticated to Vintage and Historic Racing News world wide, we are very excited to have them on board for the program.
When you sign in at the track you will be given a colored sticker to place on your car, the Judges will ride around on Sat, and pic the winners and awards will be given on Sat. Night
We can all shake Dick Ryans hand when we see him at the party , Dick secured the VL contact for Us.

Finally
IF you are entering 1 car and have two drivers(current FV'S only) you have to make two entries and make them in two of the 3 exsisting current car groups ie. grp 5, 6, or 7.
Phone the regisitar if you have problems with this one.

Fred Clark
butchdeer

Post by butchdeer »

Thank you to Fred Clark , Nancy McDonald and the whole Bucaneer Region for pre planning what looks like an extremly user friendly event for all of us.
Butch Deer :lol: :lol: :lol:
FV since1963
lee

Post by lee »

I'll add to that BIG THANKS to everyone organizing this event!

I've got a question that hopefully hasn't been asked already. For current FVs how does the weekend work? Do you qualify and race in the same group you sign up in? Or do we seed the races based on ALL the qualifying times?

Brundage Cup: What is meant by "10 lap sprint for qualifiers of groups 5,6,7"? Who are the qualifiers? Top xx in the races or everyone that has set a qualifying time (up to I guess 50 being the track limit for cars)?

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to this weekend.
Lee
f clark

Post by f clark »

Good Morning Lee,
WE do not know how many total current car entries there will be , each of the 3 groups is limited to thirty, we can start fifty at Savannah if necessary, you can enter which ever group you want.
Now say that all 3 groups just happen to have 30 cars in each, the committie will decide how many will race in the Brundage cup race based on how many groups and how many cars in each, but just say 30 cars (wishful thinking), we could take 10 from each group for the "Cup race" based on the finish position, again a good number for Savannah, this is similar to the process is used at the Knoxville Sprint car Nationals and other races to Determine the "Feature" race, we also used a process like this at the very first vee gathering in Topeka many years ago.
It will be impossible to to determine the "Feature until the total count is known and the 3 groupings ( if we need three) are established, that said if everyone had entered say by Friday it would be easy but you know that will never happen.
There will be Trophies for positions 1-2-3 in the groupes as well.
IF you need more details give me a call, my fingers are tired.
Fred
f clark

Post by f clark »

Good Morning, Here is some fresh party news.
In addition to the Brundage Cup award for the feature race on Sunday, Drivers in that race will be running for ( at this time ) $4500.00 of prize money from ProVee Promotions. ProVee has also donated $1000.00 to Sat. nights party.
IF you or a company or anyone for that matter would like to add to the prize money fund please get in touch with Nancy McDonald, the race chairman at http://www.ismine@comcast.net or by phone at 904-268-7351,in the evenings.
The pay off for the race will be determined after we see the total numbers of current vee's entered and how many, are choosen from each group to run.
At present there are enought cars entered for 2 groups, we will decide the run groups (by a lottery drawing) for Sat. and Sun. at the close of Registration on Friday night. Those who can't make registration on Friday night will be assigened there group at registration as they sign in.
The number of cars and the car numbers for the groups will be posted, EARLY Sat. morning, a P. A. announcement will be made to inform you that this has been posted on th Board .

There has been TWO minor changes to the Test Day Event, please see the TEST DAY POST for this information.
Thanks Fred
f clark

Post by f clark »

As of today we have 106 total entries for the 45 party, Nancy and the folks at the track have finalized Sat. nights dinner plans and the party is really looking good.
I got back from the awards dept. today and am happy to say awards will by given through six (6) positions instead of 3 as we projected before. We arranged for the Brundage cup to be given to some lucky driver on Sunday, We will display it from Friday on, its a real prize, you had better be strong if you want to lift this baby.
Don't forget about the FREE TEST DAY on friday ,sponsered by our friends at HOOSIER TIRE.
Tom Bungay and the race crew from Brumos Racing will be bringing Bob Snodgrass's orginal Formcar for a few hot laps on Sat. along with the Nardi and maybe a few other oldies but goodies.
OF all the world class race cars,many one off's and very specials cars Bob had in his collection he was really proud of his Formcar and the part Brumos (Brundage Motor Sports) has played in the orginal start of FV, to bad he won't be with us this time, he would have loved it.
IF you miss this get together you are just out of touch with the world of FV, sign up today and we'll see you there.
Fred Clark
f clark

Post by f clark »

Everyone please check you registration on DLB I see some that are Vintage or Historic entries that are entered in the current car area, please correct this ASAP
Please contact the Registar if you need help,it will save a lot of time at sign in for the event.
Thanks Fred
Ed Womer

Post by Ed Womer »

Fred,

I did register on line but I haven't paid. Do we need to send a check or can we pay at the track?

Ed
f clark

Post by f clark »

Good Morning Ed,
Pay at the track will be fine.
See you there.
Fred
caracal76

Post by caracal76 »

Hey Fred, how about a "family photo" of all the Caracals sometime during the weekend, maybe before or after the group shot on the front straight?
Anthony (actually the Caracal 17-red)

"When you're racing it's...it's life. Anything that happens before or after - it's just waiting."
-Steve McQueen, "LeMans"

"Screw second!"
-Burt Reynolds, "Stroker Ace"
f clark

Post by f clark »

Hi Anthony,
Mark Weber will be there shooting the event to create a CD disc we might talk him into getting one of all the Caracals and ,for that matter any other groups that might add to his production. we'll work him over, OOOPS, I mean we can ask him if he's intrested when we get there.
Fred
Akula23

Post by Akula23 »

I see in the Sups that each entry is limited to 4 guests plus the driver and entrant. Can additional guests buy tickets or some other form of entry to the track?

Thanks,
Charlie
Let's go Racin'!
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Another question ... there is a "party" scheduled for Sat night - does that include DINNER or not? (just trying to decide what we need to pack for the event <g>).
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80