Which Vee is this?

NDAIRCOOLEDGUY

Which Vee is this?

Post by NDAIRCOOLEDGUY »

This came in to the shop today.
Can anyone give me a little help identifying what type of Formula Vee this is?
Attachments
Screenshot_20230713_133507_Messenger.jpg
Screenshot_20230713_133529_Messenger.jpg
Screenshot_20230713_133536_Messenger.jpg
FV80
Site Admin

Re: Which Vee is this?

Post by FV80 »

Rob,
Apparently, the image you intended to post did NOT get copied properly.. .there is no image to look at. In order to post an image, it has to be hosted elsewhere and you simply put a LINK to it in the text (using the 'Insert image') option at the top of this text box... OR .. you have to UPLOAD the picture using the ATTACHMENTS in the box BELOW this text box.

Try again :lol:
Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
NDAIRCOOLEDGUY

Post by NDAIRCOOLEDGUY »

Trying again
Attachments
I have more if it'll help identify.
I have more if it'll help identify.
Screenshot_20230713_133402_Messenger.jpg
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Rob,
We need to see more pictures with the bodywork off, but I don't think it's a 'name brand'. It's obviously been doing AUTOCROSS in it's most recent life (C-Mod) and the tires/wheels/engine. The engine is a later model - probably a 1600 base with oversize jugs - the biggest I've seen is just under 2 liters - like 1950cc with dual weber carbs. It MIGHT have been based on a 'true vee' in the beginning, but I don't see anything but AX there now. The left side looks 'strange' to me - can't tell if the intake manifold is 'just laying there' or if it has been BROKEN OFF. The right side seems to have the direct intake with a carb on top, but only the manifold is on the left and it's not 'mounted'.

The rear suspension is definitely NOT 'original VW' - more like what I've seen on a few other 'real' vees.

Take the front cowl off and get a pic or 2 - someone might recognize something there... or you might find some info on a plate or tab there. Check the left side of the roll bar for a stamping .. something like .. 03-166 .. some 2 or 3 digits (probably vertically), a dash, then 2, 3 or 4 other digits. If there, those would have been stamped to mark the car when it received a log book for road racing and you might be able to dig up more info based on the numbers.

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80