Brundage formula vee project... Info needed..

Zippy

Brundage formula vee project... Info needed..

Post by Zippy »

Picked this gem up a couple says ago. We were told it is "one of 12 built". Supposedly Came from Brundage racing before they became Brumos. Driven by Mick Namath??? How do I verify?
Any info greatly appreciated. Looking for stampings on chassis.
No luck so far.
Ideas, comments or criticism welcome.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
FV80
Site Admin

Re: Brundage formula vee project... Info needed..

Post by FV80 »

Mike,
If car was ever raced in SCCA, it should have a log book number stamped into the roll bar around where the upper brace hits the main roll hoop on the left side. Should be something like 2 or 3 digits, a dash (or space) and then some number of digits following. The first digits represent the region # where the car was issued its first log book. The 2nd number is a sequential number assigned by the region tech staff.

What make you think it might have been raced by Nick Mamuth?

I'd guess the car was built in the early 70's. we need to see more pix without the bodywork.
Any paperwork with it? Where/who did you get it from?
Unless someone just happens to recognize it, it's unlikely we can get much further without pix of bare chassis.
Steve, FV80
PS.. Welcome to the club :)
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
Zippy

Re: McNamara formula vee project... Info needed..

Post by Zippy »

We were simply told the driver was Mick (as in jagger) Namath (as in joe). That's all I wrote down.
Apparently this is a McNamara Mk1. The nose is unique and it is light as heck.
I found these stampings on the roll bar.
18 147 [ external image ]
Interesting reading on this fellow... http://www.volkswagen-motorsport.com/in ... id=413&L=1
Looks like a crazy american in Bavaria.
Built a cool car.
[ external image ]
Chassis shots
[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Rickydel

Post by Rickydel »

I would have guessed McNamara as well.

There are two that race with us in VSCDA.

Good luck with your project.
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Mike,
Likely it was first registered in Land O Lakes region. Some regions keep good records .. and some don't. Their website doesn't list a Chief of Tech for Club Racing, but there is a list of "officials".. suggest you contact the RE and ask for contact info for the Chief of Tech (explain why you want it). He/She is the best place to start. The info you need is at
http://www.scca-racing.com/workers/board-members

If you have 'friends' at the place where you bought it, you might go back there and ask if you can look around in old storage rooms. If the car was there, there's a CHANCE that the logbook(s) is/are too. If not, see if you can find out HOW it got to the place and track it from there if possible.
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80