2014 Run-offs

wroché29

2014 Run-offs

Post by wroché29 »

What caused the top 3 vee's to be non-compliant?
Bill Roché
Citation XTC41
Team FootShoot partner
BLS

Re: 2014 Run-offs

Post by BLS »

Reports are P1 was valve lift, P2 & P3 for manifold. Check APEX.
Barry
Old Zink FV,
'87 Citation
FV95

Post by FV95 »

Once upon a time, long, long ago there was an organization called Formula Vee International. They published a great newsletter. One of the most interesting parts of their newsletters was detailed reports about the results of protests. It was educational, emphasizing what you could and could not do and tried to emphasize the rule: if the book (GCR) does not say you can, then you cannot.
OK, so three great competitors were DQ'd. I doubt there was planned nefarious actions on their part. I would love to see a report on the specific deviations from the rules. Yes, I heard manifold and lift dimensions, but where measured, and what was measurement vs. allowed dimension. By now you can tell I am not overly qualified to build engines (that is why I buy them).
I want to emphasize that I am not in any sense challenging those who did the tear downs and measurements, the rules, or the drivers. I am just curious, and I expect many others are as well.
brian

Post by brian »

In fairness to everyone involved, the specifics of compliance and protests are kept confidential. If you read the CSA, "Chief Stewards Action," document the specific areas of the GCR in question are listed. In this case of a manifold, it's listed as:9.1.1.5.D.20.b. That paragraph spells out the dimensional aspects of the horizontal tube. All that is known is that an average maximum allowable dimension was exceeded.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.