How many Vees???

77fmod

How many Vees???

Post by 77fmod »

There has been some discussion of trying to get a class of our own. So I would like to hear from everyone that has any information on who has a vee that is just sitting on the sidelines...
Ultimately, we need to know if we have enough interest to build our own class Nationally.

Johnny B.
Lynn

Re: How many Vees???

Post by Lynn »

Johnny, here is the word from a member of the MAC.

"There will be no new mod classes. Period. The end. Not if 40 Vees should up at all the National and Pro Tours and Nats. Not if 40 Legends and Dwarfs did the same. Not if anything had those numbers. There. Will. Be. No. New. Classes."

That is not quite a verbatim quote, but it is damn close.

The C Mod jackasses have pissed me off enough that if I replace the blown engine, it will be with an engine is very, very illegal for CM. I'll be the B Mod that is 25 seconds behind whoever is next to last. If an F600 comes on the market at the right price before I get a new engine, I will be making pretty noises in F Mod.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
77fmod

Post by 77fmod »

Lynn,
Thanks for the reply..

I can only say that if they can play alphabet soup with all the tuner classes it makes no sense that they would be that negative in regards to getting more modified cars out on track.. I can't see their reasoning and I am going to pursue it anyway.
Maybe a letter to Lisa Noble might get things going in the right direction considering her history and her Dad's history with Vees..

Anyway, I don't presume to know who gave you the NO NEW MOD CLASSES but I AM sure that was what happened when F/Mod was trying to be born...

Take care and don't let them get under your skin..

P.S.: Do you have any names and contact info for SOLOVee owners?
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

Johnny, Bill Noble was Lisa's husband.

I only know the guys in Midiv. Vernon Maxey, Bob Qualkenbush, and me. I've heard that Collin Moore is driving his dad's Bobsey again. The only thing I know about him is that he is in Oklahoma. There is a very slow car that runs occasionally in southwest MO with the Ozark Mountain Region. I don't know his name. Your old Zink that belonged to Mark Bishop is in my shop as is Vern's first car. Mark completely rebuilt the Zink and it has a new non-Zink body in white gelcoat. If you know anyone who wants it, I'll sell it cheap, with a trailer. It needs an engine, a seat and to be plumbed for brakes and clutch. I have a new fuel cell for it and some other parts. It does not have any of the new mods. Would also make a great vintage racer.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
77fmod

Post by 77fmod »

I believe I still have the original Zink bodywork for that car, if you want it.. We would just have to figure out how you could get it.
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

77fmod wrote: P.S.: Do you have any names and contact info for SOLOVee owners?
Lynn's list of Vee sightings in the plains is depressing. To give a brighter perspective, our local SCCA event here in eastern NY on Sunday had 48 drivers...and 6 of them were in C-Mod! There were two Formula Fords and two Solo Vees, with one of each type of car having two drivers. Another Vee driver was there chairing the event without his car (pre-event mechanical), and a fourth Solo Vee owner brought out his street car and regretted not bringing his Vee.

One of the two running Solo Vees was a car and driver that I had never seen before. The car had a zero roll, new exhaust system, and spotless shiny paint. It looked like the first event for the car/driver, and unfortunately he grenaded the transaxle launching on his 7th run. The Vees finished in 3rd, 4th, and 6th place, but in reality were 2.0 seconds behind the Fords on a 30-second course.....
ultimateanswer

Post by ultimateanswer »

Lynn et all, this is Collin from Oklahoma. I am running the Bobsy Banana of Death again. It took me the better part of a year to get her out all back together after Dad passed. I made it out last year to the Lincoln MiDiv where Vern promptly handed me my ass. This year I've hit all the divisionals plus have registered for nats. Tim Datema is the driver in OMR who runs a 60% prep no-name chassis barn find. Also, locally Al Donavan runs an early 80s Zinc with a Z-Bar and 1600. Honestly the best we can hope for as far as a more competitive class is hopeful inclusion in the new Heritage Classic class as a level two prep car. I've talked with Doug Gill and a couple of others at the home office about this and they seemed somewhat receptive, but reserved due to adoption of the class. On that note, I have a guy locally who will be running his HC 2 prep Midget at nats this year along with about a dozen others who will petition for provisional status prior to start of competition. If they're successful then we have a better chance of asking to come join the rest of team oil puddle in the off season. I look forward to seeing you guys up in Lincoln next month!
1964 Bobsy Vanguard SoloVee (formerly my father's car)
1980 Lynx Formula First
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

77fmod wrote:P.S.: Do you have any names and contact info for SOLOVee owners?
If anyone here is interested, I might be able to help with some email addresses. Contact me direct at Steve at WedgeRacing dot com.
Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80