looking for formcar

rcarmody

looking for formcar

Post by rcarmody »

I am looking for a formcar anyone have one or know where I can find one?

Ray Carmody
problemchild

Re: looking for formcar

Post by problemchild »

Why? They are crappy uncompetitive race cars, good for parades or displays. Not much else.
A Lynx, Zink, or Autodynamics is a good competitive vintage FV, many seconds per lap faster than a period-correct Formcar.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
rcarmody

Post by rcarmody »

Its not for me I have a friend that would like one he is not worried about going fast he just wants one, he saw one at the birthday party and really liked the looks of the car.
Mark_Silverberg

Post by Mark_Silverberg »

Fortunately Butch Deer and John Harkness did not believe that Formcars were slow and proved that they were not on numerous occasions.

Not many come available for sale. Watch this space, the SR web site, ebay, or the Samba for any leads. If you are ambitious try a craigs list consolidator like searchaljunk.com.

Formcars are not as easy to unearth as they fell out of favor by the 70's so many have not run for years. They are around but it could take 1-2 years to find the right one.
Mark Silverberg
Zink C4
Lynx B
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

Mark_Silverberg wrote:Fortunately Butch Deer and John Harkness did not believe that Formcars were slow and proved that they were not on numerous occasions.

Not many come available for sale. Watch this space, the SR web site, ebay, or the Samba for any leads. If you are ambitious try a craigs list consolidator like searchaljunk.com.

Formcars are not as easy to unearth as they fell out of favor by the 70's so many have not run for years. They are around but it could take 1-2 years to find the right one.
I owned a Formcar. I have seen Butch race his. I stand by my comments

I know Ray is a competitive racer, hence my question. His friend seems like the right buyer for one. 8)
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
Bill_Bonow

Post by Bill_Bonow »

Mark,

I agree with GR. Formcars are great if that is what you want. Competitive, nope. Butch sold his after 33 years. He's currently looking for a nice Lynx B so he can be more competitive.

Ray,

Found one for you.
http://www.janluehn.com/cars/19645-volk ... -formula-v
Being a Porsche built Formcar, it may be a little on the spendy side.
Bill Bonow
" I love Formula Vees, they're delicious!"
rcarmody

Post by rcarmody »

Thank you Bill that is an awsome set up, I forward it to my guy that is looking keep your fingers crossed that would be really neat if he gets it.
brian

Post by brian »

I believe there's a formcar on the west coast for sale. Gordie Spellman has one, here's a link to the west coast forum http://norcalfv.proboards.com/index.cgi
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.