Lybarger Racing Ent.

BobShedd

Lybarger Racing Ent.

Post by BobShedd »

All, I was asked by Bob Lybarger to post this;

[b]Anouncing the First ( and last ) Lybarger Racing Ent. Going Out of Business sale and open house for Sat August 25 from 9am to 3 ( or ?? ) at the shop.[/b]

With slow sals, rising rent and Bob's seemingly endless health issues it is time to retire while he can enjoy some time with Pat. As I type Bob is having cataract surgery today and will be back in the shop on Monday.

Stop by, bring stories, bring your racing friends, and your checkbook for some great deals - you won't get it cheaper elsewhere - but it is limited to what is in stock. Hope you can make it.

Questions - call Bob on Monday at 815-363-8560
Bob Posner

Re: Lybarger Racing Ent.

Post by Bob Posner »

Sorry to see LRE come to an end - always first with the best advice and parts. Best to you,Bob. Bob and Quinn Posner
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

I second the Posner post. Wish I was closer else I would surely be there.
Best wishes Bob - hope to see you at RA in a few weeks.

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
Greg Davis

Post by Greg Davis »

Bob and all at Lybarger Racing - Much appreciation for advice & parts over the years. Sorry to see you closing your doors. Good fortune in all your future endeavors.
jhenn4716

Post by jhenn4716 »

Did he have to have it the weekend of the Kettle at RA? Sorry I'll miss the sale. Since I've started in racing last year Bob has been a wealth of information and resources. While not the closest place to drive to, I always knew I had a place for parts for my car. Best wishes Bob...
Jeff
Mysterian #55
Thomas Galuardi

Post by Thomas Galuardi »

Bob was always very helpful and willing to talk any time I called. I never met him,
but feel I know him. LRE will be missed. Thanks to all at LRE for your help over the years.
Rickydel

Post by Rickydel »

The del Rosario account was opened when my mom and dad were racing vees against Tom Galuardi in the North East.
Tom knows how long ago that is.

Pat and Bob, Best wishes in your retirement. Visit the track as often as you can!!!

Ricky del
Hal

Post by Hal »

Have a MC drivers school to attend that day, wish I could make it to McHenry. Bob is great guy and a wealth of knowledge, and LRE has always had what I needed and oft times I would order something in the afternoon and have it the next day! Vee'n just ain't gonna be the same...
Bob-LRE

Post by Bob-LRE »

First I want to thank all my loyal customers/friends that have been with us sine 1987. It has been a HOOT.
I will still be available for advise from time to time.
We will be open until September 30th then it will go to an Internet Auction by Obenauff Autioneers.
I hope all will check it out and bid. Could be some tremendous bargins. We still have a A-Line shock dyno and Quantum spring tester for sale if anyone is interested.
Lots of Earl's hoses and fitting, some Redline Oil and of course whatever VW parts are for sale.
Joe Bertolucci and his son Alex have purchased the Transmission end of the business and Jeff and I will be training them to do the same quality or work we have always done.
I will be at the Runoffs if you want to see me. Probably at the Scales.

Once again Thank-you for your business and Friendship.

Bob
Ed Womer

Post by Ed Womer »

Sorry to see you go Bob. But I am counting down the months to my retirement myself. Unfortunatly for the younger generation they might lose all of the knowledge we have all gained over the years, a lot of it from you, Thanks for everything you have done for me over the years and all of the advice.
Ed Womer
FV94

Post by FV94 »

Bob is truly one of the FV greats.
Don't forget his many wins as a driver.
Then his LRE business providing parts support for the class.
But maybe most of all his freely giving of all his knowledge and experience to help others.
A personal thanks for all he did for me and my son during our vee racing.
Best wishes for the future.
Bob Tupper
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

Bob, (LRE)

I will give you a private best wishes, but since everyone is doing it here,... me too. Best of everything in the future. Remember, YOU are the one that got me into this business. (and kept us on the track when we were just racers.) Thanks for keeping us on the track... I am not sure about the other part. :lol:

Talk at you later...
Jim Kearney

Post by Jim Kearney »

LRE was berry, berry good to me. Bob once saved me from near suicide at Road Atlanta and within one week of first meeting him in person, we were up from oblivion and 4th on the grid. He is one of the all time FV great people. Thank you so much for all your help over the years. Best, Jim Kearney