Goodyear tires

hardingfv32-1

Goodyear tires

Post by hardingfv32-1 »

Has Goodyear officially stopped making FV tires?

Brian
brian

Re: Goodyear tires

Post by brian »

Yes they have stopped and will reconsider next year. Go to SCCA.com for an update.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
satterley_sr

Post by satterley_sr »

Well, now that we have a "spec tire" can we all agree to have Hoosier make it a harder longer lasting compound???
D Rader

Post by D Rader »

And don't forget cheaper. That should have them laughing unil their sides hurt!!!!
fvracer27

Post by fvracer27 »

It won't happen in fact I bet they will cost more next year because there is no other tire to purchase now.
Mark Filip
NER #27
Womer EV-3
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

With no competition it is possible that Hoosier prices may rise. However, they have went up 4 to 6% every year for the last 10. So for sure you will see an increase. BTW, GY says they are "probably" going to get back in to FV tires as of last week when I talked to them. A little bit of economics: Hoosier may choose a path to NOT increase tire prices much if at all. This has the effect of not enticing other companies to enter or re-enter the business since the margins will not be as good. Time will tell.

BTW, do you think all of Greg Rice's posts scared GY into getting out of the FV business? :)
Ed Womer

Post by Ed Womer »

Come on! Greg's not that scary?
Ed
flat tappet

Post by flat tappet »

F500 racers have been in the same boat with just Hoosiers for several years now.
craigs

Post by craigs »

flat tappet wrote:F500 racers have been in the same boat with just Hoosiers for several years now.
Shoot does this mean we will lose all awareness of other cars on the track, take two laps to get up to speed, only have that speed on straights and throw an anchor out in turns and basically get in the way of any good race? Fantastic.
Rolling Stone

Post by Rolling Stone »

craigs wrote:
flat tappet wrote:F500 racers have been in the same boat with just Hoosiers for several years now.
Shoot does this mean we will lose all awareness of other cars on the track, take two laps to get up to speed, only have that speed on straights and throw an anchor out in turns and basically get in the way of any good race? Fantastic.
Your not going to cry too I hope!!......Totally the wrong attitude to the spirit of Club Racing.
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

Ed Womer wrote:Come on! Greg's not that scary?
Ed
I ran Goodyear tires on my FVs most recently and found them excellent to deal with.

My personal opinion is, that they were giving away more FV tires than they were selling. Not a good business plan.

I hope that the FV community can pressure Hoosier to rework their tires and make them even better from the consumer viewpoint. Eliminating tire sponsorships is the best way to reduce cost to the paying customer.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
qposner

Post by qposner »

Rolling Stone wrote:
craigs wrote:
Your not going to cry too I hope!!......Totally the wrong attitude to the spirit of Club Racing.
Maybe not in the spirit, but deadly accurate.