Formula Vee song? Charlie Taylor?

aqualls

Formula Vee song? Charlie Taylor?

Post by aqualls »

If anyone has the song or information about it....well, let me know.
It has words like: ".... the road was long and the road was wide...there were 25 Vees side by side.... † blah blah blah and blah blah blah...and it was understood.. there were 43 horses under the hood..." † †

Help!
caracal76

Re: Formula Vee song? Charlie Taylor?

Post by caracal76 »

Sounds cool!

I doubt this is the same song, but "Formula Vee Special" was a tune by De Maskers in 1965. They were a Dutch group, formerly ZZ and De Maskers. ZZ left the group and they were a largely instrumental band afterward. I've never actually heard the song. They also had an album cover that featured the band posed with three Vees.

[ external image ]

Oddly, this isn't the album with the song. It was on their next one:

[ external image ]
Last edited by caracal76 on November 12th, 2011, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony (actually the Caracal 17-red)

"When you're racing it's...it's life. Anything that happens before or after - it's just waiting."
-Steve McQueen, "LeMans"

"Screw second!"
-Burt Reynolds, "Stroker Ace"
caracal76

Post by caracal76 »

HERE IT IS!

I finally got a 45 of the song, converted it to digital,added some in-car video and uploaded it to Youtube.
The link is: http://youtu.be/45ozz0Ef0gM

Enjoy!

"When you're racing it's...it's life. Anything that happens before or after - it's just waiting."
-Steve McQueen, "LeMans"

"Screw second!"
caracal76

Post by caracal76 »

Here's a copy of ZZ&DeMaskers 45 on eBay-ending soon! I had mine framed up and it looks great! BTW, this is maybe the 3rd one I've ever seen for sale, so don't wait for "the next one".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... SS:US:1123

-Steve McQueen, "LeMans"

"Screw second!"