project for High school student club

Chuck Wilson

project for High school student club

Post by Chuck Wilson »

Hey Guys
I used to race vees back in the late 70’s and early 80’s. I now teach Automotive Technology on a high school level and loving it. I have a picture in my office of me racing a D-13 in my first race. Built the car with parts from another vee when I was 20 years old then. I also sponsor a club at the school and the kids have wanted to do a project after school hours. I thought of using a vee as the project. So does anyone have any complete vees (late model , like 80’s on up, kids want something cool looking and I said I would ask) that are lonely, being tripped over etc. Don’t want to go racing but to actually strip a real race car down clean it paint it prep it and maybe go to a couple of autocrosses with it. Guys who know maybe this will attract more kids to SCCA( I do plan on some club trips to some SCCA national and Regionals to watch)
I live in the Atlanta Area but would not mind traveling somewhere to get the car.
Best of all this is TAX DEDUCTABLE.
vreihen

Re: project for High school student club

Post by vreihen »

In case you didn't already know, there's a high school competition in Wisconsin based around Vee/First cars:

http://formulahighschool.com/home.html

Don't know if they will allow out-of-state cars, but they do have their rules published if you want to try and spin off a similar competition in the southeast.....
Dietmar
Site Admin

Post by Dietmar »

Chuck:

Check your messages.

Dietmar
http://www.quixoteracing.com
Chuck Wilson

Post by Chuck Wilson »

Yes I saw that couple years ago. Chances are very slim getting something like this started down in the south especiually Ga. But who knows if they see they car we rebiuld maybe they will change their minds. Anyway for now really looking for a project the kids can call their own and we may autocross it.