FV in California

jstoezel

FV in California

Post by jstoezel »

Hi:

I've been given the opportunity to move to California this fall. Before I can make an objective decision the most important question to answer is: what is the FV field like out there? ;)
I'd be in the San Jose area, what FV events are close by? How many events per year? What are the main local clubs?

Thanks,
Jean
Jean-Sebastien Stoezel
WCMA FV #0
Rolling Stone

Re: FV in California

Post by Rolling Stone »

After Winnipeg I wouldnt care if there were no FV races......... :mrgreen: I once lived in Saskatoon I KNOW!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: JUST GO TO CALIFORNIA 8)
brian

Post by brian »

Our regional program is fairly strong with averages around 10 to 12 cars. The best part are you would be within hours of 2 world premier tracks: Laguna Seca and Sears Point, opps Infineon. Thunderhill, the SCCA track is about 3 hrs. north of the bay area and is also outstanding while not as well known.

The weather will be a problem if you enjoy shoveling snow. We often plunge into the 40's during the winter. :P
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
tiagosantos

Post by tiagosantos »

I was gonna say you should look into the crime and murder rates, but you're in Winnipeg.. They're probably better in California! :P

edit: Even if I don't think I'd want to live in the US for a variety of reasons, I can't think of a better place to race.. So many awesome tracks, the fields are good, perfect weather most of the time..
jstoezel

Post by jstoezel »

Thanks for the replies. sounds like a variety of tracks.

Tiago, as discussed, leaving the free Canadian health care system is a concern that will have a big impact in the final decision.
Jean-Sebastien Stoezel
WCMA FV #0
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

jstoezel wrote: leaving the free Canadian health care system is a concern that will have a big impact in the final decision.
Nothing is FREE.... regardless of what your government tells you :mrgreen:
Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
hardingfv32-1

Post by hardingfv32-1 »

There is no place West of the Mississippi better for sports car racing.... and probably no place with a high cost of living!

Brian
tiagosantos

Post by tiagosantos »

Well.. There's this place.. http://www.crackshackormansion.com/