Xponder for sale

Rickydel

Xponder for sale

Post by Rickydel »

tiagosantos

Re: Xponder for sale

Post by tiagosantos »

Thanks for posting.. :) I'm trying to buy it, but he set restrictions on who can bid on it based on primary address. So even though I have a US shipping address, I need to wait until he clears me to bid argh.. Still, by the time I buy a charger for $50, it'll have cost me $300 for a battery powered transponder.. If anyone has a direct powered one they'd want to sell for $300, let me know! ;)
Veefan

Post by Veefan »

And then... another $40 to register a used transponder with AMB... and your $340 into it...

http://www.mylaps.com/index.php/us_eng/ ... ansponders
jhenn4716

Post by jhenn4716 »

Veefan wrote:And then... another $40 to register a used transponder with AMB... and your $340 into it...
If I'm buying a new transponder, do I have to pay a fee to register it?
Jeff
Mysterian #55
tiagosantos

Post by tiagosantos »

Nope.. You get one free (well, I'm sure it's sort of included in the price!) registration with mylaps. Sometimes if you're really lucky, you can find used transponders that haven't been registered, but it's pretty rare..
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

The only thing re-registration gives you is your name and data on the Mylaps web site. You don't need to register a used one for ANY other purpose. You can race with it just as it is, just put the number on your entry form.

Geesh. AMB charges $375 for a $20 piece of electronics and then wants $40 when it's resold.... Enough already. :evil:

I feel I have to applogize to every one who buys one from us. Plus I have to buy them 12 at a time and the discount is dimes.
tiagosantos

Post by tiagosantos »

I'm surprised no one has managed to build a cheap clone.. They really don't seem all that sophisticated. I actually ended up buying the transponder this original thread was about and still don't have a charger - amb sells them for $40.. And $20 for shipping!

And yes, I haven't, and won't, register it on mylaps. Our club prints out and uploads PDFs of the results so it doesn't matter to me!
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

Call me tommorrow, I MIGHT have a charger around that you can have for less than $40 INCLUDING shipping.

Jim