Starting a new thread about the DVD and YOUtube

1969zeitler

Starting a new thread about the DVD and YOUtube

Post by 1969zeitler »

I am starting a fresh new thread on building the FV DVD and YOUtube video so that it doesn't get confused with the others in this forum.

I am creating a FV DVD that will be about 15 minutes long plus a shorter version that will be loaded on YOUtube. It will be called
THIS IS FORMULA VEE and I will do this with no cost to anyone but me. I will film, edit and create the masters and will allow anyone to make copies as long as they don't sell them, but they can also give them away.

I have been given the OK to film at Sebring this weekend. I am going get some in-car footage as well as track time and hope to do a couple driver, crew and family interviews. This will not be enough to complete the DVD however.

This is where I really need your help. If you have any HIGH RESOLUTION video of FV in action, either in-car or track-side, please consider letting me use it in the film. I will give you film-credit for the footage and will return anything you want back. I especially need films that show several (LOTS) of FV's on the track. It can be a race or qualifying, doesn't matter.

Hi res photos are also welcome for b-roll edits If you own a FV shop, send me some photos of some cars being worked on. Do you build engines? Send me a couple photos of an engine on a dyno. You get the idea.

I want to make this something that we will be proud of so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know what you have. PM or email and I will send you my mailing address.

In addition to the film, there will be a photo slide show, FV Vendor lists, Websites, organizations etc. There will also be a separate small section on FST, Vintage, Hillclimb and Solo just to show what can be done with a FV. All of these classes were FV's at one time. This will not be in the FV part of the DVD but will be available from the menu.

Send me some ideas or comments. Like I said... I am not making a penny on this and just want to see the FV community grow with the help of the DVD.

Thanks.
Roger
Orlando, Fl
car-less now

I have a VERY understanding Wife.
fv22

Re: Starting a new thread about the DVD and YOUtube

Post by fv22 »

This thread seems to have died an early death. Hopefully this will not be the way of Formula Vee.

Roger very generously offered to take on this project that will benefit all vee drivers but it doesn’t seem like he is getting any support. I contacted him and mailed him 2 dvd’s of some racing footage. Roger was very happy to receive it and told me I was the only person to send anything for the project. I know many of you have gigabytes worth of great racing action and albums full of photos, get it out there to help promote the sport we love! Don’t worry that it’s not good enough, I didn’t think my videos would be high enough quality but Roger said it’s just fine.

Everyone talks about keeping FV alive but not much is being done to help. Lets get more people behind this project to help us all.
Bob Frassetti
FV22
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Roger,
I gave you links to my readily available video on Vimeo.com - the resolution is not what you would want for a DVD, but it will tell you whether it has anything that you WANT for the DVD. I can create a CD or DVD and mail you the raw footage if that is what you want. I know that at least a couple of other people have posted video info on this board - but not necessarily in this thread. If you really WANT to get a hundred hours of video to go through, let us know and you'll probably get it. I was just trying to make your job as easy as possible. If you would like for US to selectively choose footage that *WE* think would be the best, then let us know that as well. And give us an idea of how LONG a video you'd like to have. I can cut mine into 10 second segments, 5 minutes segments or complete sessions @ ~20 - 30 minutes. The file sizes of these in high res, is obviously going to be LARGE. A LOT of footage is pretty boring unless you tie it to something like "I'm catching someone" - but that is really hard to see in video with the quality of equipment that we have (we're not quite up to the F1 TV standards in most cases <G>).

How about some more idea of what would work best for you, rather than just saying 'send me something'. You're probably thinking of some specific sequences you'd like to see, but we don't know what those are. Can you handle *ANY* format, or do you have a preferred format, length, etc.

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
1969zeitler

Post by 1969zeitler »

My Mistake. I spelled out what I was looking for in one of the other threads and did not copy it over to this new one.
After more than 10 years of film making, one fact is true... You can NEVER have enough footage. I would rather go thru 4 hours of video and get 4 minutes of excellent quality film. It gives you choices about which sound clips to use with what video too.

Here is what I need.

VIDEO:

I need video in AVI or MPG format of the following scenes. I can't use cell-phone or WMV-type files. They just are not good enough quality for DVD. Sorry.

1. In-car. Can be rollbar, helmet or front beam mounted. I am looking for very tight racing action with a lot of cars in the mix. Don't worry if the sound isn't great. I can cut sound from other videos.

2. Track action. Close shots in turns, wide shots in straights. Spectator Stands. Try not to get anyone in particular in the video. It can be from a distance. Don't want it to look like a stalker-film.

3. Paddock. General video of FV cars in the paddock. cars getting prep'd, being worked on, cars on trailers, campers, tents etc.

4. Interviews.I am going to get some driver interviews at Sebring in October but if you have some, send them to me. They can be a family-type with a father, son, wife, mother talking to the driver about the race. How did I do, I took turn 2 too quick and almost lost it, best run I have had all year... You get the idea. It doesn't not have to be a 60 minutes news interview.

5. Other FV cars. Need some Vintage, Hillclimb video, FST and SOLO/Autocross. FST would be great with some in-turn shots. Hill climb could be shot from top of hill, catching a car coming over a hill etc. Solo can be anything that is close up with lots of cones, not from 500 feet away. Vintage would be best if it was just a grouping of FV's but that may be hard to get. Send what you can. Any in-car video of these would be great.

This is film about FV but I would like to show what else can be done with a FV so these other sections will be relatively small compared to the rest of the film.

PHOTOS:

I need some detailed photos of Vintage cars, FST and modern FV's. What I am looking for are 1-2 MB photos showing the main areas of the cars. Body, frame, front suspension, cockpit, gauges, shifter, engine, transaxle, rear suspension (need mono and dual shock rear), wheels and tires and shots from different angles... quarter views from front and rear, cockpit/dash from rear of car looking over/thru rollbar etc.

I will be traveling to as many races as possible to get some of this. I will also try to link up with FV drivers to get photos too. The more we have to choose from, the better the film will be.

I hope this clears it up but if you have any questions, please email me. PM me if you are sending something and I will send you my address. Please include your name and address so I can mail it back and give you credit in the film. Also write your name and the event on the CD/DVD.

Thanks again,
Last edited by 1969zeitler on August 16th, 2010, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger
Orlando, Fl
car-less now

fv22

Post by fv22 »

Sorry Roger, didn't want to make more work for you. I'm sure you are going to make this a great project and would like to see alot of great vee racing and info in it.
Bob
1969zeitler

Post by 1969zeitler »

No problem. I should have made it clear in my first message. I have been getting a lot of PM's with questions. I think this will clear it up.
Roger
Orlando, Fl
car-less now

Gdog

Post by Gdog »

Here is a video that was done for SRF . http://www.youtube.com/user/BebalonesIC ... 7erLpFpzj8
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Wow - that's a great video. And mostly done in someone's house or garage. Relatively easy to produce (though difficult to put together) - sandwiched with some decent onboard video and some cool 'racing sounds', it all came out rather nicely...
Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
aqualls

Post by aqualls »

If you put it together we will post it on http://www.formulaveeracing.org and also put it on Facebook (Formula Vee USA).
1969zeitler

Post by 1969zeitler »

I'm working on it. Go some video at Sebring 2 weeks ago an some SOLO last weekend. Some members have sent some video and photos as well.

Thanks,
Roger
Orlando, Fl
car-less now