National at Miller Motor Sports Park

Matt

National at Miller Motor Sports Park

Post by Matt »

I am beginning to know how Kermit felt when he said “It is not easy being green”. I am the only FV in Utah that is racing. I am trying to push the advantages of FV but can not overcome the lack of competition.

I can and do cross over the Rockies and run with those on the east side of the mountains.

August 14 and 15 there is a RR/NN at one of the finest tracks, Miller Motor Sports Park.

At the moment there is 1 FV. We will be running on the east track for the first time.

Come and spend some time on the southern coast of Great Salt Lake. After the SCCA race, stop at Bonneville for speed week.

Matt
Matt

Re: National at Miller Motor Sports Park

Post by Matt »

Got some help.

Mark Felsen and Brandon Peterson coming from CO.
brian

Post by brian »

Matt, you should tell your region to refrain from grouping SRF from the vees and maybe you'd get more people. As you recall, I dang near wrote off my vee there last year and it was just weeks before the Runoffs.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
Matt

Post by Matt »

The entry list is up to 7 vees and only 1 SRF.

As you remember they did a split start Sunday which was much better. By the time the leader srf got up to us it was much better. The back marker srf never got to us.

At high plains the only problem with srf and split start was two srf got together and the whole front end fiberglass was standing on the track after turn 1. The corner workers did a great job of clearing the track before we got back.

I am not thrilled with running with them, but with the car count, it is hard to work something else out.

The basic make up is FF, FV and srf. I am used to FF, FV and F5 which has some other problems.

I have also run with wings and things which has another set of problems.

Hope to see you on the track
Matt