Runoffs Rookie

satterley_sr

Runoffs Rookie

Post by satterley_sr »

First time at the run offs, where is a good place to paddock? I'll have a 26' motorhome and a 26'trailer.

Thanks

Dave
Bill_Bonow

Re: Runoffs Rookie

Post by Bill_Bonow »

Dave,

Pretty simple (although not much in the way of choices left), just go here, http://www.roadamerica.com/Registration ... ation.aspx pay your money and your on your way.
Bill Bonow
" I love Formula Vees, they're delicious!"
hardingfv32-1

Post by hardingfv32-1 »

There are lots of spots left, how far along are they with the registration process?

Brian
brian

Post by brian »

Check with a local before committing to a spot. Many that are left aren't very flat. Could be an issue wth a MH.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
Terry Abbott

Post by Terry Abbott »

Dave,
there are spots where we are parking kinda nice back there plenty of room for your m/h. a little hike walking to grid. but for 100.00 bucks cant beat it and its all grass. We were there last year worked out well. If you go to RA site and look for the scca Runoffs parking map it shows every parking space and where people are parking, there isnt much left that i could say be ok with the M/h. if you have any questions give me a call or shoot me an email

Terry

Dave forgot to tell you where we are...doh.... Sargento South
Terry Abbott
2- Vector FV's
Matt King

Post by Matt King »

hardingfv32-1 wrote:There are lots of spots left, how far along are they with the registration process?

Brian
What track are you talking about? 99 percent of the spots where anyone would park for a non-Runoffs race are sold out. Everything else is pretty much in the boonies, although it may be an OK place to park, especially in a motor home where you might want some peace and solitude. :lol:
satterley_sr

Post by satterley_sr »

Thanks booked in Sarento South, I'll keep my fingers crossed

Dave
Dave Gomberg

Post by Dave Gomberg »

As a Runoffs Rookie -and more to the point here, a Road America Rookie - you should be aware that there is a Rookie Mentoring Program that is intended to introduce newcomers to RA. It is run by experienced drivers (Jim Dentici is the head honcho for this) who give advice about the facilities, the track, etc. I think they try to pair up drivers on a one-on-one basis. You will get a notification of this somewhere down the line. Take advantage of it.

Dave