June Sprints

Terry Abbott

June Sprints

Post by Terry Abbott »

if there is anybody there or anybody thats gets info on how things are going would you please pass it along, :mrgreen: since we didnt make the trip either

Terry
Terry Abbott
2- Vector FV's
Speedsport

Re: June Sprints

Post by Speedsport »

Terry,

I beleive the results can be found on SCCA's website somewhere. It was a good weekend all around for the FV's. A little light on the turnout, but I think everyone except Rick Shields was able to drive their car into the trailer. I'm not sure what happened to Rick, but rumor was an engine problem about halfway through the race.

The weather was good for us in each session. It wasn't too hot, which was nice. Sunday morning it rained for a few hours, but it stopped just in time that we went out on a dry track. By the start of the race the sun was back out.

I think the race evolved into 2 packs - Livermore, Greiner, Sheilds, and the Jennerjahns and perhaps Andrew Whitson in one pack, and everyone else in the other. It sounded like a 500 might have played a role in the outcome for 2nd on the last lap, but I don't know for sure.

One thing that was a little dissapointing, and I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but victory podium speeches were not broadcast like usual. In the past, the top 3 were able to thank people over the PA system. This year, it was the same interviewer, but the interviews were only broadcast in the podium vicinity. It seemed a little weak to me - the only people who heard them were the people standing there. My guess is because they were trying to get 10 races in, they didn't have time to delay the next race for the speeches. The PA system was used to annound the starting grid for the next race while the podium celebrations were going on.

That's all I know!
Terry Abbott

Post by Terry Abbott »

Thanks Mike and congrats!

yeah found the info this morning

Terry
Terry Abbott
2- Vector FV's
Bob Posner

Post by Bob Posner »

Any on Goodyears?
engineship

Post by engineship »

Mike,

You run a great race. In control the entire time, congradulations.
My day wasn't as good. No, I did not have engine problems, I had shift lingage problems.
After the seventh gentle bump from the rear my shift lingage got damaged to the point of not
going into fourth gear.
I will be more prepared next time with my newly installed steel plating.
I'm not sure if I had more fun at the June Sprints or at last years Runoff, but I'll still come anyway.

Rick Shields