Showcase nationals

Mad Dog Racing

Re: Showcase nationals

Post by Mad Dog Racing »

Went back and checked the FF list from Apex and guess what, they came up with almost the same list. (I didn't look on purpose.)

FF 'Showcase Nationals' List
Mar 21 Road Atlanta
May 23 Mid Ohio
Jun 27 Road America (Sprints)
Jul 11 Watkins Glen

Substitute the April VIR for March Road Atlanta and the rest matches. Don't know what the race groupings are, don't know if it would be good or bad to schedule the same race weekends. The original thread was 'Do we want to start looking for a list for 2011?' A lot of people have set their plans and budgets for 2010 by now.

Side note - Thanks Ed, I'll look closer at the Glen in July this year if it's a N/N, that would mark another one off my list. SWDiv doesn't race between Memorial Day and mid-August, and most everybody skips the August race anyway.
Speedsport

Post by Speedsport »

I was planning all winter on running the national at Mid-Ohio this year, but since they scheduled it for the same weekend as the double national at Road America, I am not going this year.

I might consider the Watkins Glen race in July. If I had a more dependable tow vehicle, I would probably go. As it is, I will give it some thought.
neilcox

Post by neilcox »

All in favor of Mike V focusing on developing his tow rig program and letting his racecar rest up vote now :lol:
ffstorer

Post by ffstorer »

It seems to me that the future of SCCA FV racing is not so bright. However, vintage FV fields are growing, the racing and the people are fun. Before you give up on Vee racing, sell your Penske shocks, data loggers, etc. and find or make a 1972 or earlier car. You can use your engine, transaxle, front beam, fire bottle, perhaps your fuel cell, belts, etc.

At Hallett CVRA fields 15 plus Vees, the Last SCCA national at Hallett had 4 cars.

The 50th annv. of FV is coming up. I think there will be big fields at atractive venues across the country.

Fred
Fred Storer
smsazzy

Post by smsazzy »

Speaking of the 50th, any chance of doing it somewhere more central so the guys from the west can make it?
Stephen Saslow
FV 09 NWR
Matt King

Post by Matt King »

How about Road America? It sure worked for Formula Ford's 40th!
Rickydel

Post by Rickydel »

RA also worked for the 30th, 35th, and 40th FV birthday parties.
While Savannah was a good haul for us, it was a nice change of scenery.
smsazzy

Post by smsazzy »

Anything will be a haul from Seattle. Road America would be a lot better than Georgia for me. :-)
Stephen Saslow
FV 09 NWR
Matt

Post by Matt »

How about a really great track. I suggest Miller Motor sports.

Matt