Joe Stimola

SR Racing

Joe Stimola

Post by SR Racing »

Joe Stimola passed away this morning at 10:30 of complications in the hospital. I do not know any details . This from a DI release.
CitationFV21

Re: Joe Stimola

Post by CitationFV21 »

I have known Joe since 1973 when I rode my bicycle to his shop. It was a neat old building with race cars! I almost bought a FF from him, but went on to run in the Skip Barber series and then FV. Once he got to know you (and you wanted to know him), if he was working tech it was the easiest tech becuase if he knew you, he knew your car. Never talked down to anybody, was always the teacher. Many times I wanted to buy a FF, and he would have been the first person I would have called. Always a smile on his face and a story on his lips. Probably has done shock work for many of us.

The problem with getting my 30 year pin is that I am starting to loose too many of my mentors - that is why I keep trying to pass it forward.

"You don't know what you've got till it's gone."

ChrisZ
Chris Robson

Post by Chris Robson »

There is a good thread about Joe, including additional information at Apexspeed.com

My family has had the honor of knowing him personally and working with him professionally and whether racing with him, or against him, he would always be there for you with the answer to your question, often to one you have yet to ask...

God Bless you Joe,

Chris, Fred, Mark, Cindy, Kerrin and Savannah Robson
R-Motorsports
rmotorsport.marketing@yahoo.com
Chris Robson
R-Motorsports
Chris@R-Motorsports.com
Swiftdb2@aol.com
Al Craighead

Post by Al Craighead »

Hi gang,

A little late replying here, but just wanted say how saddened I was to hear of Joe's passing. I've been fortunate to know Joe for over a decade and made sure I always stopped and chatted with him whenever our paths crossed at the track. He will be greatly missed not only for his technical expertise, but the enthusiasm he brought to the track, be it a big pro event or a simple club racing regional.