Another restored vintage vee out of Grand Rapids

Rickydel

Another restored vintage vee out of Grand Rapids

Post by Rickydel »

Some of you may remember this Auto D advertised for sale last year. It's been recently finished (by Bob Shedd) and is beautiful. (it was kind of brown)

[ external image ]

This Bobsy hit the track late last season after years of sitting. We're still growing.

[ external image ]

Ricky del

PS I'm told not all can see the pics. (I can) If you want to see them and can't on this site, right click the photo icon, open properties and copy the URL to your brower.
That should work.
Last edited by Rickydel on January 26th, 2010, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brian

Re: Another restored vintage vee out of Grand Rapids

Post by brian »

Boy that Bobsy was ahead of it's time. That a Vega built in 1966, It was my first car and we have it in the process of restoration.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
ajax

Post by ajax »

Yes very much so, and for a vee of that era to actually look good too! I don't recall ever seeing a Vega race?

I now have a Zink I'm begining to restore, if any one is looking, it can be done your way.
fastvee

Post by fastvee »

Ricky,
I had to copy and paste to see the pic, but was there a mix up of the pictures? The blue car I'm looking at is an Autodynamics Series V, very nicely done I might ad.
John
fastvee

Post by fastvee »

Nevermind! I didn't realize there were two images. I have also not seen a Bobsy like that one. Beautiful job.
John
brian

Post by brian »

If you go to the Datona Museum sometime, there's a picture displayed that was taken on pregrid for the old USRRC and on the pole is a Vega.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
Rickydel

Post by Rickydel »

Glenn "Sully" Sullivan raced the Vega in the picture below at Daytona in 1969.

[ external image ]

:P