Citation Mold

CSatterley

Citation Mold

Post by CSatterley »

The car we just bought came with some molds and just wanted to know if there would be any interest in the bottom tail section Citation Mold. It also had one completed rear bottom citation piece with zues' for sale. Also had a unique nose mold for citation picture here http://www.waterfordhills.com/gallery/jgds0406.jpg

thanks
Chris
Doug Carter

Re: Citation Mold

Post by Doug Carter »

Interesting nose... wonder where the battery and fire bottle are relocated? What year Citation is this one? Doesn't look much like a Citation at all. With the front steer in a Citation, there is a LOT to relocate. Would be one helluva project.
Last edited by Doug Carter on December 12th, 2009, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
CSatterley

Post by CSatterley »

I'm not sure about what year it was, but the car bodywork was created, I think by a guy named Bryan Snyder who raced in the Cen-Div and at Waterford. It was bought by Jim Smalley and he turned into a First. it got balled up a couple years later.
Bob Stack

Post by Bob Stack »

do you still have the molds? Can you send pics to bob "at" roemerstackracing "dot" com?

I'm not sure I could make these work on my Adams, but that nose looks similar to what I had on mine.

Thanks
Fenders? We Don't NEED no stinking FENDERS!
http://WWW.GRAYBEARDRACER.COM
D-13 FV
P-2 Mark

Post by P-2 Mark »

Doug,

It's a Citation because I remember racing against Bryan Snyder at M-O in the late 90's after
he converted it. I have an old photo of it somewhere and will try to locate it etc.. He was
very fast in that car and he may have used "Chet the Jet" motors out of Detroit. Thanks!

Mark
CSatterley

Post by CSatterley »

I still have the molds, I will get some pics together and send them off. The nose might work on an adams and Jim did have the same nose on a First.
Doug Carter

Post by Doug Carter »

P-2 Mark wrote:Doug,

It's a Citation because I remember racing against Bryan Snyder at M-O in the late 90's after
he converted it. I have an old photo of it somewhere and will try to locate it etc.. He was
very fast in that car and he may have used "Chet the Jet" motors out of Detroit. Thanks!

Mark

Good to know. I had always wondered if it was possible, because I really like the lines of a Citation without the big honkin' front wing. The problem is there is SO much inside that including the battery and fire bottle. I wondered if anyone had tried relocating that stuff and removing the big wing on the nose before.

I guess I now have my answer. Any other photos of this car?
CSatterley

Post by CSatterley »

I think you would probably get some arguments about whehter the big wings are better for air flow instead of seperate ones or just the tubes exposed.
G.B.

Post by G.B. »

'A Citation without the big honkin' front wing'.

http://www.jeremyclarkracing.co.uk/inde ... &picID=233.