SoPac FV Regional & National Participation

Doug Carter

SoPac FV Regional & National Participation

Post by Doug Carter »

Anyone from the region, can you give me an idea of the FV counts at Regional and National level SoPac events? Consistent numbers?

Just wondering for my own personal reasons...
Last edited by Doug Carter on December 28th, 2009, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Gomberg

Re: Default SoPac FV Regional & National Participation

Post by Dave Gomberg »

Doug:

National participation numbers by class/division are here: http://www.scca.com/documents/Club_Even ... _FINAL.pdf
Divisional participation numbers are here: http://www.scca.com/documents/Club_Even ... er-NOV.pdf

As you will see, regional FV numbers in SOPAC are dismal - on per race average, worse than any other division. National numbers are about average for all divisions.

Dave
Doug Carter

Post by Doug Carter »

Thanks Dave, I was afraid of that in the Regionals. I had the National PDF, I should have remembered to look there. At least the Nationals aren't completely vacant of FVs.

Hmmm... :|
brian

Post by brian »

As a long time sopac competitor, I can't tell you why the regional participation is so low except to say that VARA, the vintage group, accepts all types of vees and has four subsections in that class. Their turnouts are much better than Cal Club. Tracks our here require a lot of towing and that does hurt the turnouts. Other than Fontana, Cal CLub relies on WIllow Springs and Buttonwillow to run races. Both are north of LA .
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
Doug Carter

Post by Doug Carter »

I'm interested in the formula car turnouts in Arizona—mostly FVs. It looks like there are just as many FVs at Nationals in that region as most else around the country, including this area. My wife thinks I'm insane for looking to potential other areas of the country to live, and make decisions not on housing and cost of living, but what tracks are in the area, and if they have pro sports teams.

Women.
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

Move to Indy :shock:
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
Doug Carter

Post by Doug Carter »

If you have ever driven on IRP, that's not much of an option. Until the SCCA brings the RunOffs home to the MotoGP circuit at IMS, that's not much better than where I'm at.

Warmer is better. :)
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

But you would have the Colts.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
Doug Carter

Post by Doug Carter »

problemchild wrote:But you would have the Colts.
I have the Colts now. :lol: :mrgreen:
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

Move to Binghamton, NY

About a dozen racetracks within 8 hrs, several within several hours, and 10+ car FV fields in many Nationals and Regionals. Nice scenery and reasonable cost of living.

I was givin that advice twenty years ago. Only thing that has changed is the car count was 20+ then.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

The road course at IRP has been closed. The track's drag racing insurance carrier demanded that the movable wall at the road course pit out be replaced with a permanent wall.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
brian

Post by brian »

Doug, I can feel your pain. Living where there are a lot of tracks close by, gets you into some yucky weather. I hate the humidity and freezing winters. I live in Sacramento where the weather is very mild and while it requires some serious towing, I can race from January to November. Infineon, 80 miles; Laguna Seca, 200: Thunderhill 80; Buttonwillow 250; Willow Springs 340: Fontana 400; Phoenix 700: Portland 600, Seattle 750. I ride my motorcycle year around and can reach some of the best skiing in the world is 1.5 hours away. They say it's too expensive to live in Cal. but it's worth every penny. Besides my utilities are less than a $100 a month.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.