Elimination of paper GCR

brian

Elimination of paper GCR

Post by brian »

Just received a letter from Topeka asking to eliminate mailing paper copies of the GCR in leau of raising our membership fees. What this letter does not say is that our License fee, not the memberhip fee, was raised $25 to cover sending every driver a GCR. At the time, the staff viewed selling GCRs as a profit center. Now they want to keep the $25 but not send out a paper GCR.

Don't know about yu guys, but I don't want to drag around a laptop at the track to check on issues. I plan to write Terry Ozmand and the BOD.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
problemchild

Re: Elimination of paper GCR

Post by problemchild »

There is a link to a SCCA webpage to specify your choice for 2010 ....but the link did not work for me.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
jpetillo

Post by jpetillo »

I got the letter, too. I forget, did they offer to send a CD instead? Because, you can download the GCR anyway. If you're savvy enough to read a CD, then you can download the GCR.
Doug Carter

Post by Doug Carter »

Yes, but what good is a CD or PDF while you go through tech? Is it not a requirement that the GCR is with you through tech every time?
jpetillo

Post by jpetillo »

I agree. We would need to carry the laptop in the toolbox carrying that set tools to dismantle the car as needed for the inspection.
Doug Carter

Post by Doug Carter »

It's something that we pay for in our License fees. Trying to tell us that they want to hold membership fees down by keep the GCR in electronic format is bunk. We already pay for it.
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

The letter said that you can choose the option to get a hard copy in 2010 (the last year). The link did not work and I could not find any link on the SCCA website. I wasted 10 mins on this already.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
CitationFV21

Post by CitationFV21 »

I had no problem loggin in and registering my opinion.

For now I will keep my 2009 GCR and print out any changes from the CD (if that is the way they go)

My suggestion years ago was to have a binder that was class specific along with the General Regulations - most of what is in the CGR is not applicable to us.

Full updates every 5 years and "bulletins" as needed.

The way that rules changes are handled need to be changed to respect curent technology.

My company issues ECNs (Engineering change number) so we can track changes to product, the same needs to be done with rules changes.

ChrisZ